- The Beatles: An Illustrated Record (1975), with Tony Tyler
- The Rolling Stones: An Illustrated Record (1976)
- David Bowie: An Illustrated Record (1981), with Charles Shaar Murray
- Elvis Presley: The Illustrated Record (1982), with Mick Farren
- Beatles at the Movies (1996)
Carr is also notable as a being the main compiler of free compilation albums for the UK music press for nearly 20 years. During the 1980s and 1990s Carr compiled the majority of free tape and CD compilations that were given away with music magazines such as NME, Vox and Melody Maker.
- Peck, Abe (1 December 1976). "Some books look back on rock 'n' roll". The Daily News. AP. p. 20. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Lydon, Michael (12 December 1976). "The Rolling Stone Illustrated History Of Rock & Roll; Rock 'n' Roll". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Muretich, James (30 July 1983). "This time it will be Bowie the debonair as a legend returns". Calgary Herald. p. J10. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Burke, Ken; Griffin, Dan (2006). The Blue Moon Boys: The Story of Elvis Presley's Band. Chicago Review Press. p. 80. ISBN 1-55652-614-8. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Winn, John C (2009). That Magic Feeling: The Beatles' Recorded Legacy, Volume Two, 1966-1970. Random House. p. 391. ISBN 0-307-45239-5. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|