|Born||November 11, 1940|
|Died||January 19, 2002
|Occupation||voice and film actor|
Conrad provided the voice of Ben in the LucasArts computer game Full Throttle. He has also appeared in another LucasArts game, Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire, as the rebel pilot Ace Merrick. Conrad also took smaller film roles in films such as Patch Adams, The Wizard and a role in the 1993 television series Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
One of the developers of Full Throttle had this to say when recalling how they cast the part of Ben:
- "Roy was one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet, and a joy to work with. It was hilarious to watch him act, and see that stern, gravelly voice of Ben coming out of this gentle, soft-spoken man. Casting Roy was definitely the easiest decision we ever had to make at LucasArts. We had been through boxes of audition tapes without much luck--When you advertise that you're looking for a tough, biker character, you get a lot of guys trying to be tough; Growling, yelling, and forcing a lot of attitude--And then we put in Roy's tape, and out came this effortless, deep, rich, bass sound. And that was that. We didn't even listen to another tape."
- Pink Cadillac (1989) - Barker
- The Wizard (1989) - Bus Clerk
- Village of the Damned (1995) - Oliver
- Casino (1995) - Board Investigator #2
- The Fan (1996) - Shopkeeper
- Patch Adams (1998) - E.R. Doctor
- Diamonds (1999) - Pit Boss
- Titan A.E. (2000) - Second Human (voice)
- Making Something Up (2001) - Newscaster (final film role)
|This article about an American voice actor born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|