||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mitchell-Cárdenas performing in Portland, Oregon in 2009
|Born||July 25, 1977|
|Origin||McAllen, Texas, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, writer, producer|
|Labels||Teleprompt, Warner Bros. Records|
Twenty One Pilots
The Pink Dust
Manic After Midnite
IPM (Influential Phecal Material)
Roy Mitchell-Cárdenas (born July 25, 1977 in Houston, Texas) is a Mexican-American musician and writer. He was the bassist (and sometimes guitarist) for the rock band Mutemath. Mitchell-Cárdenas has been playing in bands since he was twelve years old and has worked as a session musician and producer for many groups.
In addition to bass guitar he can play, upright bass, guitar, drums and keyboards.
- Jive Demo (1992) – electric guitar
- Noise for Your Eyes (1999) – electric and acoustic bass
- Kaleidoscope Superior (2000) – electric bass, sample/programming
- Mutemath (2006) – electric and acoustic bass
- Armistice (2009) – electric and acoustic bass, guitar on "Spotlight"
- Odd Soul (2011) – electric bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and percussion
- Vitals (2015) - electric guitar, electric bass, and synthesizers.
- Roadside Prophets – Kafecito Sessions (1995) – acoustic guitar and vocals
- Katie Wilson – Demo (2007) – electric and acoustic bass
- Gentlemen at Arms – EP (2007)
- Slow Hands – Dependence (2008) – bass on "Cocoon"
- Mari Iijima – Take a Picture Against the Light (2012) – bass on "Impossible People"
- Pescao Vivo – Mi Fortuna (2012) – electric & acoustic guitar, bass, vocals, programming
- Empire Theory – Colors EP (2012) – electric & acoustic guitar, bass, programming
- Plastic Planets – Plastic Planets (2013) - electric & acoustic guitar, vocals
- Manic After Midnite – Faces (Can You Tell Me) Single (2014) – bass
- The Pink Dust - The Pink Dust (2014) - electric guitar, bass, keyboards, programming
- Meshach Jackson – Experiments(in)Drowning(ep)
- Pescao Vivo – Mi Fortuna
- Empire Theory – Colors EP
- Mirza Zaza – Atlas EP
- The Pink Dust – The Pink Dust
- Barrett, John. "The 20 Most Underrated Bass Guitarists". Paste Monthly. Retrieved 4 April 2016.