|Full name||Roy Southernwood|
|Born||23 June 1968|
Roy Southernwood (born 23 June 1968) is a professional rugby league footballer of the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s, playing at club level for Castleford, Halifax and Wakefield Trinity (captain) (Heritage № 1109), playing at Scrum-half, or Hooker, i.e. number 7, or 9.
County Cup Final appearances
Roy Southernwood played Scrum-half/Halfback in Castleford's 12-12 draw with Bradford Northern in the 1987 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1987–88 season at Headingley, Leeds on Saturday 17 October 1987, played Stand-off/Five-eighth in the 2-11 defeat by Bradford Northern in the 1987 Yorkshire County Cup Final replay during the 1987–88 season at Elland Road, Leeds on Saturday 31 October 1987, and played Hooker in the 11-8 victory over Wakefield Trinity in the 1990 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1990–91 season at Elland Road, Leeds on Sunday 23 September 1990.
First Division Grand Final appearances
Roy Southernwood played Hooker and scored a try in Wakefield Trinity's 24-22 victory over Featherstone Rovers in the 1998 First Division Grand Final at the McAlpine Stadium, Huddersfield on Saturday 26 September 1998.
Contemporaneous article extract
"Roy Southernwood Scrum-half. Skilful Scrum half who graduated through the junior league ranks in Castleford and seemed set for a long career at Wheldon Road. Played for Great Britain U-21s twice against France in 1989. His transfer to Halifax meant more first team opportunities and he starred in the 1990-91 promotion season." 
Roy Southernwood is the older brother of David John Southernwood (birth registered during October→December 1970 (age 46–47) in Hemsworth district), the rugby league footballer, Graham Southernwood and Kevin Roger Southernwood (birth registered during October→December 1972 (age 44–45) in Wakefield district), and is the uncle of Graham Southernwood's son, the rugby league footballer, Cain Southernwood.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2014. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- David Smart & Graham Howard (1 July 2000) "Images of Sport - Castleford Rugby League - A Twentieth Century History". The History Press Ltd. ISBN 978-0752418957
- "Castleford RLFC A to Z Player List (All Time)". thecastlefordtigers.co.uk ℅ web.archive.org. 31 December 2013. Archived from the original on February 16, 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Hoole, Les (2004). Wakefield Trinity RLFC - FIFTY GREAT GAMES. Breedon Books. ISBN 1-85983-429-9
- Merlin (1 August 1991). The Official Rugby league Collection (Card 40 of 160). Merlin. ISBN n/a