|Other names||Wáng Yuán|
|Website||Roy Wang on Sinaweibo|
Roy Wang, also known as Wang Yuan (Chinese: 王源; pinyin: Wáng Yuán; born November 8, 2000) is a Chinese singer-songwriter, television host and actor. He was named by Time as one of the 30 Most Influential Teens of 2017.On June 28, 2017, Wang was appointed as UNICEF's Special Advocate for Education.On October 27, 2017, Wang announced that he has set up his own charity foundation "Yuan Foundation".
- 1 Social activities
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Endorsements and Ambassadorship
- 6 Accolades
- 7 References
- 8 External links
On May 18, 2016, Wang was appointed as "Chongqing Civilized Tourism Public Welfare Ambassador".
In December 2016, Wang worked with the UN China Youth group to promote the "Imagine 2030" campaign, which aims at encouraging the young generation in China. He was recognized for his contributions at the closing ceremony by receiving a special award.
Wang was one of the delegates representing China at the 6th United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) youth forum, held in January 2017. He spoke at the event as the representative of the United Nations Imagine 2030 Campaign, calling for equal access to quality education worldwide.
In April 2017, Wang collaborated with Sun Nan and released the song, "Dear Child". The song serves as the theme song for Sun Nan's charity foundation, "Sunnan Special Fund for Reshaping the Future".
Wang was one of the recipients of the "May 4th Medal", awarded by the Chinese Communist Youth League (CCYL) to outstanding youths who have made remarkable achievements in agriculture, hi-tech research, news coverage, politics and law, army and police.
On June 28, 2017, Wang was appointed as UNICEF's Special Advocate for Education. During the announcement ceremony held by UN China, Wang remarked that "Education is a right; we should never allow it to be a privilege. Let's work hard to make education even better in the future." Wang attended the ‘2017 Forum on Rural Headmasters’ hosted by Jack Ma Foundation and made a speech to raise awareness on rural education. He also paid a site visit on September 4, 2017 to the Love School Project jointly organized by UNICEF and local government of Guangxi Province.
On October 24, 2017, with other 16 China celebrities, Wang released "Sing for 2030" to show his support for SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) through SDGs Vocalization powered by UNDP China.
Wang was named as one of the top 10 influential charity stars by Sina in January 2018.
For a consecutive second year, Wang represented China at the United Nations ECOSOC youth forum held in New York UN headquarters, in his role as UNICEF Special Advocate for Education.
On November 17, 2018, UNICEF Representative to China, Rana Flowers, announced at his 18th birthday concert that he is now UNICEF Ambassador, continuing their partnership to help children.
On October 27, 2017, Wang announced that he has set up his own charity foundation called "Yuan Foundation" and that the first initiative has been carried out to help elderly with cataract regain their sight. The second initiative was to raise funds for children with Neuroblastoma.
At Wang's 15th birthday concert, Wang performed his first solo single "Cause of You", which was both written and composed by himself for his fans. The song was officially released in January 2016. Wang's post of this song on Weibo has been re-posted for more than 471 million times. This song was also awarded Top 10 golden songs of Fresh Asia Charts, and Wang won the "Most Popular New Talent" award at the 9th CSC Music Awards for the song.
Wang became the youngest person to appear on the cover of COSMOPOLITAN China, when he was featured in the June 2016 edition together with his L.O.R.D co-stars.
He released his second single which is written and composed by himself in October 2016, titled "The Best Time", as a gift to his alma mater for Chongqing Nankai Middle School 's 80th Anniversary. In November, he released his third single "Grown Up", produced by JJ Lin.
In January 2017, Wang became an emcee for the second season of Zhejiang TV's prime time variety show, Ace vs Ace season 2. The show topped the TV ratings in China for the first quarter of the year and was viewed more than 5 billion times online.
On April 20, Wang shoot the cover for the June issue of "Bazaar Men China". 10,000 issues were sold out in 1 second and 38,000 issues in 16 seconds, which broke the magazine sales record.
In July 2017, Wang released his first single of the year, titled "Sunshine Will Never Fade Away". Wang participated in writing the lyrics and designing the album cover. The song serves as the soundtrack of Boy Hood, a youth sports drama which Wang stars in.
On September 25, the October issue of "Madame Figaro China" featuring Wang as cover star, set a sales record for this magazine by selling out 20,000 issues within 1 second.
On October 24, Wang’s self-written and composed single "Seventeen" was released for his 17th birthday. He released his first English single, titled "Sleep" on November 6. On November 20, Wang released another single titled "Pride", which is dedicated to his mother.
Wang's first digital album titled Song For You was released on January 22. The proceeds from the sale of the album go to Wang's charity foundation, "Yuan Foundation".
In February 2018, Wang returned to host Ace vs Ace season 3.
In May, Wang was invited to attend The Cannes film festival as the ambassador of two famous brand L'Oreal Paris and Chopard. He was the youngest Chinese artist to make an appearance at the Cannes.
He will play a leading role in xXx 4 alongside Vin Diesel.
On January 31, Wang announced that he will continue his studies at the Berklee College of Music. This year Wang participated two variety show in Haha Farmer&I am a Singer-Songwriter.
On May 20, Wang was caught smoking illegally in a Beijing restaurant. Beijing Health Supervision Authority has issued a statement saying that "smoking is prohibited in public places, indoor workplaces and on public transportation." He apologized and accept punishment for his actions.
|Song For You||
|Cause of You (因为遇见你)||2016|
|The Best Time (最美的时光)|
|Grown Up (长大以后的世界)|
|Sunshine Will Never Fade Away (阳光不锈)||2017|
|Cause of You 2018 ver. (因为遇见你2018版)||2018|
|Be Myself (做我自己)|
|The Wrong Things|
|The Same (一样)|
|My Childhood (我的童年)|
|Determined Man (孤注)|
|The Cherished (天使)|
|I Don't Know (我不知道)|
|Auld Lang Syne (友誼地久天長)||2019|
|2015||Pound of Flesh||singer||cameo|
|2016||L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties||Dusk||one of the Silver Priests|
|2019||So Long, My Son||Liu Xing|
|2016||Noble Aspirations||Young Zhang Xiaofan|
|2017||Boy Hood||Ban Xiaosong||protagonist|
|2019||The Great Lord||Mu Chen||protagonist|
|2017||Ace vs Ace Season 2||王牌对王牌 2|
|2018||Ace vs Ace Season 3||王牌对王牌 3|
|I am a Singer-Songwriter||我是唱作人|
Endorsements and Ambassadorship
|February 27, 2018||L'Oreal Paris||Brand Ambassador|
|March 11, 2018||Oreo||Brand Ambassador|
|March 13, 2018||H&M||Brand Endorser|
|April 23, 2018||BOOK QQ||Brand Endorser|
|May 5, 2018||六个核桃||Brand Endorser|
|May 8, 2018||HP||Brand Endorser|
|May 14, 2018||Chopard||Brand Ambassador|
|May 30, 2018||QQ SVIP||Brand Endorser|
|June 11, 2018||FILA||Brand Endorser|
|June 19, 2018||Line Friends Roy6||FRIENDS CREATORS|
|July 27, 2018||KFC||Brand Endorser|
|Feb. 13, 2019||Xiaomi||Brand Endorser|
|April 10, 2019||Uni-President China orange juice||Brand Endorser|
|April 15, 2019||L'Oreal Paris||Brand Endorser|
|April 30, 2019||Fresh (cosmetics & fragrances)||Brand Endorser|
|May 10, 2019||Lay's||Brand Endorser|
|May 19, 2019||Chung Hwa toothpaste||Brand Endorser|
|2016||Fresh Asia Charts||Top 10 Golden Songs||"Cause of You"||Won|||
|9th CSC Music Awards||Most Popular New Talent||Won|||
|2017||Weibo Movie Awards Ceremony||Popular Star award||L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties||Won|||
|Tencent Entertainment White Paper||Influential Star of the Year||N/A||Won|||
|2018||CCTV Global Chinese Music Awards||Best Singer-Songwriter||N/A||Won|||
|Best Chinese Song of 2017||"Seventeen"||Won|
- "Meet the 30 Most Influential Teens of 2017". Time. November 3, 2017.
- "unicef Partner". unicef.
- ""文明出游 人人有礼"主题活动启动 TFboys-王源出任"重庆市文明旅游公益大使"". cqta.gov.cn (in Chinese). May 18, 2016.
- "TFBOYS王源助力联合国 倡导青少年发展". Youth.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved January 21, 2017.
- "UN in China celebrates sustainable development campaign 'Imagine 2030'". CGTN.com. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- "Popular Chinese teenage star speaks on quality education at UN forum". Xinhua News Agency. February 1, 2017.
- "The role of youth in poverty eradication and promoting prosperity in a changing world". UN.org. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Popular Chinese teenage star speaks on quality education at UN forum". China Daily. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- 孙楠成立公益基金 "校园爱心大使"王源助阵. Netease (in Chinese). April 24, 2017.
- 团中央授予10位艺人"五四优秀青年"称号. ifeng (in Chinese). May 4, 2017.
- 鹿晗杨洋等10位艺人获团中央"五四优秀青年"称号. Tencent (in Chinese). Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Wang Yuan - Celebrities - UNICEF China Protecting children's rights". UNICEF. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Wang Yuan Appointed UNICEF Special Advocate for Education - China - UNICEF China Protecting children's rights". UNICEF. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Delegates attend 2017 Forum on Rural Headmasters in Hangzhou". Xinhua News Agency. July 12, 2017.
- 王源出任联合国"青年教育使者" 热心公益正能量. Sina (in Chinese). September 5, 2017.
- "Chinese teen pop star Wang Yuan calls for quality education for children". Jiangsu Now. November 16, 2017.
- 王源容祖儿携17位偶像 献唱联合国首支中文公益歌曲. 中国娱乐网 (in Chinese). October 25, 2017.
- 携手2018—新浪微公益颁奖典礼顺利落幕. Sina (in Chinese). January 10, 2018.
- "China's star Wang Yuan advocates for child-friendly education at...", Reuters, February 2, 2018
- 王源成立公益专项基金 已救治200名白内障老人. Sina (in Chinese). October 27, 2017.
- 王源"源基金"启动新项目 救助神经母细胞瘤儿童. Sina (in Chinese). December 1, 2017.
- "TF家族最年少偶像团体TFBOYS九月正式出道". Netease (in Chinese). August 6, 2013.
- "TFBOYS王源庆15岁生日 粉丝送祝福：希望他长到一米八". People's Daily (in Chinese). November 9, 2015.
- "2016年度亚洲新歌榜荣誉名单". ent.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- 王源携原创单曲获封年度观众最爱新人 破最年轻原创歌手得奖纪录 (in Chinese). June 14, 2016.
- "TFBOYS王源领跑00后明星 首登《时尚•COSMOPOLITAN》杂志封面--福建频道". People's Daily (in Chinese). May 8, 2016.
- 《青云志》曝海报 李易峰王源演绎蜕变. Sina (in Chinese). June 22, 2016.
- "Meet Wang Yuan at the crossroad of the world". Beijing Time Fengjun Culture & Entertainment Co., Ltd. November 8, 2016.
- 王源《长大以后的世界》首发 林俊杰操刀. Sina (in Chinese). November 4, 2016.
- 郭敬明再公开《爵迹》主演:小鲜肉王源. Sina (in Chinese). April 29, 2015.
- 王源获微博电影之夜人气之星:电影中享受不同人生. Sina (in Chinese). June 18, 2017.
- 《王牌对王牌》王源当队长 获赞最大的黑马. Youth.cn (in Chinese). January 15, 2017.
- 王牌对王牌第二季收视率不断飙升 王源宋茜的表现获好评. www.xiumu.cn (in Chinese). February 4, 2017.
- 王源新歌上线自作词还参与海报设计 《阳光不锈》再现薄荷音. Youth.cn (in Chinese). July 8, 2017.
- 《青春旅社》王源赵英俊践行公益有始终. China.com (in Chinese). November 4, 2017.
- "Wang Xiaoshuai wraps first instalment in 'Homeland trilogy'". screendaily. December 20, 2017.
- 王源原创单曲《十七》首发 填词作曲才华横溢. Sina (in Chinese). October 25, 2017.
- "王源首支全英文曲《Sleep》上线 展音乐潜能". Sina (in Chinese). November 6, 2017.
- 王源为母亲温暖献唱 全息投影燃爆全场. Xinhua News Agency (in Chinese). November 21, 2017.
- 王源新剧《大主宰》官宣 系首次领衔主演古装剧. Sina (in Chinese). January 18, 2018.
- 王源首张数字专辑《宝贝》震撼发布. Netease (in Chinese). January 22, 2018.
- 《王牌对王牌3》曝光阵容 王源沈腾担任队长欧阳娜娜贾玲成特工. Zhejiang TV (in Chinese). January 22, 2018.
- "Why the Jewellery Industry Should Engage with the UN Sustainable Development Goals". The Business of Fashion. 2018-03-28. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "BEST DRESSED AT CANNES 2018:Despite only being 17 years old, Wang Yuan was named one of the "30 Most Influential Teens" by Times Magazine in 2017. The singer looked dashing in a short, straight-cut embroidered smoking suit by Anthony Vaccarello for Saint Laurent". herworld. May 23, 2018.
- News, Dhruti Shah, BBC (2019-05-21). "Wang Yuan sorry over illegal smoking". Retrieved 2019-05-22.
- "LINE FRIENDS Collaborates with Roy Wang as Part of its 'FRIENDS CREATORS' Project to Create New Characters". prnewswire & wrcbtv. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- 王源获"年度影响力之星" 感叹上综艺不容易. Tencent (in Chinese). December 28, 2017.
- 央视榜上榜年度盛典录制 萧敬腾迪玛希同台竞技. Sina (in Chinese). February 11, 2018.