|Born||8 November 2000|
Roy Wang, also known as Wang Yuan (Chinese: 王源; pinyin: Wáng Yuán) is a Chinese singer-songwriter, television host and actor. He was named by Time as one of the 30 Most Influential Teens of 2017. Wang has been a UNICEF ambassador since 2018. He set up his own charity foundation, the Yuan Foundation, that focuses on helping the elderly and children.
At Roy's 15th birthday concert, he performed his first solo single "Cause of You", which was both written and composed by himself for his fans. The song was officially released in January 2016. Roy's post of this song on Sina Weibo has been re-posted for more than 471 million times. This song was also awarded Top 10 golden songs of Fresh Asia Charts, and Roy won the "Most Popular New Talent" award at the 9th CSC Music Awards for the song.
In January 2017, Roy became an emcee for the second season of Zhejiang TV's prime time variety show, "Ace vs Ace" season 2. The show topped the TV ratings in China for the first quarter of the year and was viewed more than 5 billion times online.
On 24 October, Roy's self-written and composed single "Seventeen" was released for his 17th birthday. He released his first English single, titled "Sleep" on 6 November. On 20 November, Roy released another single titled "Pride", which is dedicated to his mother. In 2018, Roy was cast as the male lead in the xianxia drama The Great Ruler. The drama was on air in 2020.
Roy's first digital album titled "Song For You" was released on 22 January. The proceeds from the sale of the album go to Roy's charity foundation, Yuan Foundation. In February 2018, Roy returned to host "Ace vs Ace" season 3.
In January 2019, Roy was accepted into the Berklee College of Music.
In May 2021, Rolling Stone China Launches With Zhang Chu and Roy Wang on the Cover. Roy's second CD titled "Summer time" was released on 15 December.
On 18 May 2016, Roy was appointed as "Chongqing Civilized Tourism Public Welfare Ambassador".
In December 2016, Roy worked with the UN China Youth group to promote the "Imagine 2030" campaign, which aims at encouraging the young generation in China. He was recognized for his contributions at the closing ceremony by receiving a special award.
Roy was one of the delegates representing China at the 6th United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) youth forum, held in January 2017. He spoke at the event as the representative of the United Nations Imagine 2030 Campaign, calling for equal access to quality education worldwide.
For a consecutive second year, Roy represented China at the United Nations ECOSOC youth forum held in New York UN headquarters, in his role as UNICEF Special Advocate for Education.
On 27 October 2017, Roy announced that he has set up his own charity foundation called "Yuan Foundation" and that the first initiative has been carried out to help elderly with cataract regain their sight. The second initiative was to raise funds for children with Neuroblastoma.
On 5 February 2018, he became a columnist for Global People, a comprehensive current affairs magazine sponsored by People's Daily. In addition, Wang Yuan opened an exclusive column each month known as "Wang Yuan Says". During the anniversary of the Yuan Foundation on October 27, a breakdown of income and expenditure was released, including the income from Wang Yuan's album "Baby", the income from the Global People column, and the income from the live broadcast. The total amount of Wang Yuan's donation was 2414221.46 yuan.
"Yuan Foundation" Events
|2017||Performing surgery for cataract patients in high-altitude areas of Tibet||200 seniors get their sight back|
|2017||Dedicated funding for children with pediatric neuroblastoma||For the triplet children in Xinxiang, Henan Province, to bear the shortfall of 100,000 yuan in treatment costs, and even spend 40,000 yuan to rent a two-bedroom apartment for the family until the beginning of spring. Five cases have been completed|
|2018||Second trip to Tibet to help cataract patients||1,444 people were screened, 373 were diagnosed, 21 of whom were unable to undergo surgery for medical reasons, and 352 were finally operated on successfully|
|2020||Yuan Foundation Tibet Light Walk||A total of 900 sets of crystal consumables for subsequent cataract surgery were distributed. A total of 900 patients will be able to see again.|
|2021||Yuan Foundation Qinghai Light Walk||Fund 1 million per year for 3 years on a trial basis to supplement the cost of surgical treatment.To enable cataract patients to achieve a 100% reimbursement ratio of total inpatient treatment costs and zero out-of-pocket costs.|
- In 2014, Roy and his teammates were hired by the China Population Welfare Foundation as ambassadors for the "Happy Smile - Helping Children with Cleft Lips and Palates" charity project. He is the "Dream Ambassador" of the "Dream Project", a charity event organized by Mango V Foundation, together with members of the group.
- In 2016, Roy became the "Chongqing Civilized Tourism Public Welfare Ambassador"; On October 10, he became the "Mars Ambassador".
- In 2017, Roy served as "Chongqing Civilized Tourism Public Welfare Ambassador", "Campus Love Ambassador" and "Campus Public Welfare Ambassador", as well as "UNICEF Youth Education Ambassador".
- In 2018, Roy served as the "Ice and Snow Sports Promotion Ambassador" and "Winter Olympics Ambassador" of the 23rd Winter Olympics; He was named "China Blue - Ace Public Welfare Ambassador"; In November, he was appointed as UNICEF Ambassador; and served as Wild Rescue GO blue to Blue Public Welfare Ambassador.
- On November 20, 2019, World Children's Day, a high-level meeting of the United Nations General Assembly was held at the UN headquarters in New York to celebrate World Children's Day and the 30th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, where UNICEF Ambassador Wang Yuan spoke to call attention to the fact that every child should have the right to education.
- Manual of Youth(2014)
- Big Dreamers(2015)
- Our Time(2017)
- Yuan (2019)
- The 400 Blows (EP, 2020)
- Summer Time (2021)
|2015||Pound of Flesh||Singer||cameo|
|2016||L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties||Dusk||one of the Silver Priests|
|2019||So Long, My Son||Liu Xing|
|2020||My Country My Homeland||Xiao Han||Starring|
|2014-2015||Boys' College Study Room||Ma Siyuan||TF Teens Go|
|2016||Noble Aspirations||Young Zhang Xiaofan|
|2016||A Love for Separation||Wang Jun||Special role|
|2020||The Great Ruler||Mu Chen||Protagonist|
|2022||Bright||Gao Yuan||Music Planning|
|2017||Ace vs Ace Season 2||王牌对王牌 2|
|2018||Ace vs Ace Season 3||王牌对王牌 3|
|I am a Singer-Songwriter||我是唱作人|
|2020||Our Songs 2||我們的歌 第二季|
|Game Of Shark||奇异剧本鲨|
|The Coming One 5||明日創作計劃|
|2015-08-15||TFBoys Fan's Time||Beijing, China|
|2016-08-06||The Trilogy||Beijing, China|
|2016-08-13||The Trilogy||Guangzhou, China|
|2017-08-11||ALIVE FOUR||Nanjing, China|
|2017-08-13||ALIVE FOUR||Nanjing, China|
|2019-08-10||The Fever||Shenzhen, China|
|2019-08-31||Roy Wang 2019 "Yuan" Concert||Nanjing, China|
|2022-04-24||“Orange Skyline" 2022 Mini Live||ONLINE|
|2016||Fresh Asia Charts||Top 10 Golden Songs||"Cause of You"||Won|||
|9th CSC Music Awards||Most Popular New Talent||Won|||
|2018||CCTV Global Chinese Music Awards||Best Singer-Songwriter||N/A||Won|||
|Best Chinese Song of 2017||"Seventeen"||Won|
|2020||Weibo Awards Ceremony||Trendy Musician of the Year||N/A||Won|||
- "Meet the 30 Most Influential Teens of 2017". Time. 3 November 2017. Archived from the original on 3 November 2017. Retrieved 3 November 2017.
- "Our Partners". unicef.cn. Archived from the original on 1 November 2019. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "王源庆15岁生日 粉丝送祝福". People's Daily (in Chinese). 9 November 2015. Archived from the original on 8 April 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "2016年度亚洲新歌榜荣誉名单". Sina Corp. Archived from the original on 10 October 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- 王源携原创单曲获封年度观众最爱新人 破最年轻原创歌手得奖纪录 (in Chinese). 14 June 2016.
- "Meet Wang Yuan at the crossroad of the world". Beijing Time Fengjun Culture & Entertainment Co., Ltd. 8 November 2016. Archived from the original on 10 October 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- 《王牌对王牌》王源当队长 获赞最大的黑马. Youth.cn (in Chinese). 15 January 2017. Archived from the original on 10 October 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- 王牌对王牌第二季收视率不断飙升 王源宋茜的表现获好评. xiumu.cn (in Chinese). 4 February 2017. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- 《青春旅社》王源赵英俊践行公益有始终. China.com (in Chinese). 4 November 2017. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Wang Xiaoshuai wraps first instalment in 'Homeland trilogy'". screendaily. 20 December 2017. Archived from the original on 5 February 2018. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- 王源原创单曲《十七》首发 填词作曲才华横溢 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 25 October 2017. Archived from the original on 28 November 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- "王源首支全英文曲《Sleep》上线 展音乐潜能" (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 6 November 2017. Archived from the original on 28 November 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- 王源为母亲温暖献唱 全息投影燃爆全场 (in Chinese). Xinhua News Agency. 21 November 2017. Archived from the original on 28 November 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- 王源新剧《大主宰》官宣 系首次领衔主演古装剧 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 18 January 2018. Archived from the original on 21 January 2018. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- 王源首张数字专辑《宝贝》震撼发布. Netease (in Chinese). 22 January 2018. Archived from the original on 28 January 2018. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- 《王牌对王牌3》曝光阵容 王源沈腾担任队长欧阳娜娜贾玲成特工 (in Chinese). Zhejiang TV. 22 January 2018. Archived from the original on 29 January 2018. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "BEST DRESSED AT CANNES 2018:Despite only being 17 years old, Wang Yuan was named one of the "30 Most Influential Teens" by Times Magazine in 2017. The singer looked dashing in a short, straight-cut embroidered smoking suit by Anthony Vaccarello for Saint Laurent". herworld. 23 May 2018. Archived from the original on 28 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "ROY6". linefriends.com. Archived from the original on 18 November 2019. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- News, rollingstone (26 January 2021). "Rolling Stone China Launches With Zhang Chu and Roy Wang on the Cover". Retrieved 14 February 2021.
- "文明出游 人人有礼"主题活动启动 王源出任"重庆市文明旅游公益大使". cqta.gov.cn (in Chinese). 18 May 2016. Archived from the original on 27 October 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "王源助力联合国 倡导青少年发展". Youth.cn (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- "Popular Chinese teenage star speaks on quality education at UN forum". Xinhua News Agency. 1 February 2017. Archived from the original on 1 February 2017. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "The role of youth in poverty eradication and promoting prosperity in a changing world". United Nations. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Popular Chinese teenage star speaks on quality education at UN forum". China Daily. Archived from the original on 1 February 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- China's star Wang Yuan advocates for child-friendly education at..., Reuters, 2 February 2018, archived from the original on 28 February 2018, retrieved 28 February 2018
- 王源成立公益专项基金 已救治200名白内障老人 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 27 October 2017. Archived from the original on 28 November 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- 王源"源基金"启动新项目 救助神经母细胞瘤儿童 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 1 December 2017. Archived from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- 新浪娱乐 (27 October 2017). "王源成立公益专项基金 已救治200名白内障老人|王源|基金|公益_新浪娱乐_新浪网". ent.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- 新浪娱乐 (25 June 2018). "王源源基金公益进行时 二度进藏救助白内障患者|王源|重获光明|公益_新浪娱乐_新浪网". ent.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- 网易娱乐 (4 August 2014). "TFBOYS一周年答谢会携爱同行 助力公益幸福微笑_手机网易网". www.163.com. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "Tfboys做公益吸引粉丝 呼吁关注贫困儿童". ent.sina.com.cn. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "TFBOYS王源为重庆市文明旅游代言". www.sohu.com. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "TFBOYS出任首届"火星大使" 践行公益之路发挥榜样力量-搜狐娱乐". yule.sohu.com. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "王源出任联合国儿童基金会青年教育使者". www.unicef.cn (in Simplified Chinese). Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "青年新力量王源担任冬奥大使". www.sohu.com. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "王源出任联合国儿童基金会新任大使". www.unicef.org (in Simplified Chinese). Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- "百度安全验证". wappass.baidu.com. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- 央视榜上榜年度盛典录制 萧敬腾迪玛希同台竞技 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. 11 February 2018. Archived from the original on 13 February 2018. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "蔡徐坤王源罗志祥张艺兴等获得微博年度音乐人". Sina (in Chinese). 11 January 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roy Wang.|