Royal BAM Group
|Traded as||Euronext: BAMNB|
|Nico de Vries (CEO), W.K. Wiechers (Chairman of the supervisory board)|
|Revenue||€7.404 billion (2012)|
|€107.1 million (2012)|
|Profit||€(187.4) million (2012)|
Number of employees
|26,840 (FTE, average 2010)|
The company was founded by Adam van der Wal as a joiner's shop in 1869. It was renamed Bataafsche Aanneming Maatschappij van Bouw- en Betonwerken ('BAM') in 1927 and expanded through acquisition buying Interbuild in 1998, NBM-Amstelland in 2000 and Hollandsche Beton Groep (later HBG) in 2002.
The company's major operations include:
- BAM Utiliteitsbouw - Non-residential construction
- BAM Woningbouw - Residential construction
- BAM Civiel - Civil engineering
- BAM Infratechniek - Utilities
- BAM Wegen - Environmental engineering
- BAM Construct UK - Building in the UK
- BAM Sports - Sports venues, headquartered in Germany
- BAM Nuttall - Civil engineering in the UK
- BAM Contractors - Building, Civil Engineering, Facilities Management, PPP, Property and Rail in Ireland
Projects completed by the company include the Amsterdam Arena football stadium for AFC Ajax in Amsterdam completed in 1996, the Antwerp Law Courts completed in 2005 and the Euroborg football stadium for FC Groningen in Groningen completed in 2006. The company was part of the Infraspeed consortium which handed over the HSL-Zuid high-speed railway line for commercial use in 2009.
- "Preliminary Results 2012" (PDF). Koninklijke BAM Groep. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Annual Report 2010" (PDF). Koninklijke BAM Groep. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- Royal BAM Group: History
- Company profiles: Interbuild
- BAM buys NBM's construction arm Hebels, 1 September 2000
- Royal BAM NBM completes takeover of HBG Europe Real Estate, 15 November 2002
- Royal BAM Group: Operating companies
- The making of Amsterdam Arena
- Antwerp Law Courts (Interbuild are part of Royal BAM Group)
- 10 million euro orders for Olympic Stadium in Berlin and Euroborg Stadium in Groningen Imtech, 8 April 2004
- HSL-Zuid Organisation
Media related to Royal BAM Group at Wikimedia Commons
- Gemalto opgenomen in AEX-index, Aperam eruit, Trivano, 6 june 2013