Royal Independent School District
The district was established in January 1959 as the Pattison-Brookshire Consolidated Independent School District, when the citizens of the Brookshire and Pattison School Districts voted to consolidate. In February 1960, the Board of Trustees adopted the district's current name.
- Royal High School (Brookshire; Grades 9-12)
- Royal Middle School (Brookshire; Grades 6-8)
- Royal Elementary School (Brookshire; Grades 1-5)
- Royal Early Childhood Center (Pattison; Grades PK-K)
- Royal STEM Academy (Brookshire; Grades 3-10)
- Royal Early College High School (Brookshire; 9-10)
Royal ISD opened a new two-story high school and new early childhood center. The buildings were completed by the 2009-2010 school year.