Ivey with the 76ers
|Oklahoma City Thunder|
December 20, 1981 |
Harlem, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Listed weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||Benjamin N. Cardozo
(Queens, New York)
(Blairstown, New Jersey)
|NBA draft||2004 / Round: 2 / Pick: 37th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|Position||Shooting guard / Point guard|
|Number||36, 12, 11, 7|
|2010–2012||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|2014||Oklahoma City Thunder|
|2014||Guangdong Southern Tigers|
|2014–2016||Oklahoma City Blue (assistant)|
|2016–present||Oklahoma City Thunder (assistant)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Royal Terence Ivey (born December 20, 1981) is an American former professional basketball player who is currently an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Texas Longhorns before spending 10 years in the NBA.
Early life and college
Ivey was selected with the 37th overall pick in the 2004 NBA draft by the Atlanta Hawks.
On September 18, 2007, Ivey signed a one-year contract with the Bucks.
On June 15, 2009, Philadelphia announced that Ivey declined the player option on his contract for the 2009–10 season, making him an unrestricted free agent. However, he re-signed with the 76ers in August 2009.
On July 27, 2012, Ivey returned to the 76ers.
On January 16, 2014, he signed a 10-day contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder. On January 26, 2014, his 10-day contract expired and the Thunder chose not to offer him a second 10-day contract.
Off the court
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Dicker, Ron. "HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL: NEW YORK STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS; Rice and Cardozo Advance to Class A Final", The New York Times, 27 March 1999. Accessed 27 January 2008.
- Bucks sign Royal Ivey, 18 September 2007
- Sixers reach agreement with free-agent Ivey | Philadelphia Daily News | 07/24/2008
- 76ers bring back Royal Ivey
- "Bucks Acquire Ivey, Brezec from 76ers". NBA.com. 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- Thunder sign free agent Royal Ivey
- Sixers Sign Free Agent Guard Royal Ivey
- Atlanta Hawks fill up their training camp roster
- Atlanta Hawks waive Royal Ivey
- Thunder Signs Royal Ivey to 10-Day Contract
- Royal Ivey's 10-day contract with the Thunder expires; he will leave for China
- Royal Ivey signs with Guangdong Southern Tigers
- Thunder Announces Basketball Operations Staff Promotions and Additions
- Thunder Announces Coaching Staff Update
- England, Natalie (2011-12-07). "Texas Ex Royal Ivey Uses NBA Lockout to Finish Degree". alcalde.texasexes.org. Retrieved 2012-05-08.