Royal Sundaram General Insurance
|Mr S Viji, Chairman|
|Products||General insurance, Car insurance, Health Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, Travel Insurance, Accident Insurance|
|Parent||Sundaram Finance Group|
|Website||Royal Sundaram General Insurance|
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Ltd. (formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited), a subsidiary of Sundaram Finance Group, is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed in October 2000 by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
The company was initially promoted as a joint venture between Sundaram Finance, one of the most respected non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) in India and Royal & SunAlliance Insurance plc, UK, one of the oldest general insurers in the UK. In July 2015, Sundaram Finance acquired the 26% equity holding from Royal & SunAlliance Insurance plc. Consequently, the entire 100% equity holding is now held by Sundaram Finance (75.90%) and other Indian shareholders (24.10%).
Car insurance reimburses the financial losses incurred during accidents or natural calamities such as earthquake, storm, typhoon, man-made calamities, fire, and explosion. The insured get reimbursement of up to the Insured’s Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle. Apart from personal accident cover, third-party property damage and free road-side assistance (RSA) is also provided.
Royal Sundaram provides assorted health insurance plans to fulfil the different healthcare needs of various individuals. Both individual and family floater plans are provided to cater to the complete medical care needs of different individuals.
1. Lifeline Health Insurance Plan - A comprehensive health insurance policy with family floater option that covers medical expenses arising out of unforeseen hospitalization due to any accident or illness, for self, spouse, and dependent children. The policy has several benefits such as reload benefit, AYUSH treatment, emergency domestic evacuation, worldwide emergency hospitalization and international treatment for 11 critical illnesses.
2. Smart Cash Plan - A health insurance plan that provides daily cash benefit for planned and emergency hospitalization for family and legally related individuals of the proposer arising out of any unforeseen accident or illness.
It is an all-inclusive insurance policy that offers coverage against medical emergencies and travel hazards such as loss of luggage and travel documents, delay in flights, and cancellation. Any infant of more than three months of age and any adult up to 70 years of age can be insured for trips taken outside India. Two plans are available:
1. Single Trip Travel Insurance Offers cover from the time of departure to the day of arrival in India. Cover for a period of 180 days is available.
2. Multi Trip Travel Insurance Offers cover for multiple international trips.
Royal Sundaram Home Insurance offers protection against natural and man-made calamities and threats such as burglary. The company has designed two different policies:
1. Home Shield Insurance Offers complete cover for home, residential building, and even the compound walls. It also covers reconstruction cost of home after damage.
2. Home Content Insurance Offer reimbursement of up to Rs. 11.5 lacs for home appliances, furniture, jewellery, and other valuable items placed at home.
Two Wheeler Insurance
The two wheeler insurance policy provides complete protection to two wheelers and can be purchased online. It safeguards against any kind of damage incurred due to accidents or natural calamities. The policy cover is extended to any two-wheeler, its accessories, damages caused to third-party, and any injury to life.
Awards and recognition
- 2014 Celent recognition for developing an intelligent claims management system to improve the productivity of the staff and increase customer satisfaction 
- 2013 Celent recognition for having a Model Insurer Asia component in the area of Distribution/New Business 
- 2011 Celent recognition for implementing a work flow enabled policy administration system with externalised engines
- Won the Information week Edge Award for several e-application implementation projects
- "Intelligent claims management system". celent.com. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Model Insurer Asia" (PDF). celent.com.
- "Model Insurer Asia component in the area of Distribution/New Business". celent.com. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Implementing a work flow enabled policy administration system". celent.com. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Information week EDGE Award for the e-application" (PDF). informationweek.in. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 July 2012.
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Official Website