This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Hard rock, psychedelic rock, stoner rock, occult rock|
|Past members||Evan Diprima|
Royal Thunder is a hard rock band from Atlanta, Georgia founded in 2004 by guitarist Josh Weaver. Their style of hard rock takes its primary influence from classic rock and 90s grunge with elements of progressive rock and psychedelic rock blended together to create a unique sound.
Royal Thunder was formed in 2004 in Atlanta, Georgia. In 2007, Royal Thunder self-released their debut EP and started touring with Jesse Stuber on drums. By 2010, Relapse Records took notice and signed the band starting with an official re-release of their self-titled EP and later in 2012 releasing their full length debut, CVI. Stuber left the band after CVI was complete and Lee Smith joined at that time on drums and also played on the last track of CVI, "Black Water Vision". The band toured with Lee Smith and Josh Coleman (who also joined during the making of CVI on second guitar) for a few US tours.
- CVI (2012, Relapse Records)
- Crooked Doors (2015, Relapse Records)
- Wick (2017, Spinefarm Records)
- Royal Thunder EP (2010, Relapse Records)
- CVI: A EP (2013, Relapse Records)
- Kitteringham, Sarah. "Royal Thunder Crooked Doors". Exclaim!. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- "Royal Thunder --- Artist Biography". Relapse Records. Retrieved 2015-04-08.