|Manufacturer||Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc.|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
Royal Tru-Orange Light*
Royal Tru (often referred to simply as Royal) is a carbonated fruit-flavored soft drink brand owned by The Coca-Cola Company that is only available in the Philippines. The brand was introduced in 1922 by the original San Miguel Brewery. Since being acquired by Coca-Cola's Philippine unit in 2007, the brand has become the Philippine counterpart of Coca-Cola's Fanta brand.
The brand was first introduced in the 1922 by the original San Miguel Brewery as its first non-alcoholic, carbonated beverage. In 1927, San Miguel became the first international bottler of Coca-Cola. The brand became best associated with its orange-flavored soft drink, Royal Tru-Orange.
In 1981, San Miguel spun off its soft drink business (its Coca-Cola franchise and the manufacture of Royal beverages) to a new company known as Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc. (CCBPI), a joint-venture with The Coca-Cola Company. The brand continued to be owned by San Miguel until 2007, when San Miguel sold its entire interest in CCBPI (including the rights to the Royal brand) to The Coca-Cola Company.
- Royal Tru-Orange
- Royal Tru-Grape
- Royal Tru-Lemon
- Royal Lem-O-Lime
- Royal Soda Water
- Royal Tonic Water
- Royal Ginger Ale
- Royal Tru-Orange Light
- Royal Tru-Dalandan
- Royal Tru-Strawberry
Royal Tru-Orange gained much attention in the late 1980s, after its logo and formulation (without the orange pulp bits) were changed, through an advertising campaign that starred teen model RJ Ledesma playing the role of Joey. The first television advertisement in the series, wherein Joey was being egged on by friends to introduce himself to a girl named Jenny, was directed by noted film director Lino Brocka.
- "Pag-ibig kong Tunay!" ("My Tru Love"!)
- "Royal, natural!" ("Royal, naturally"!)
- "Ito ang gusto ko!" ("This is my choice!")
- "Ilabas ang kulit!" ("Bring out the "kulit" (fun energy)!")
- "Royal Tru-Orange advertisement, 1976". YouTube.com.
- "Express battle Magnolia in PBA opener today". The Daily Tribune. October 14, 2007.
- Mata, Paul (October 31, 2007). "Royal Tru Orange model RJ Ledesma comes full circle". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Jorge, Rome (April 3, 2008). "RJ Ledesma tells all about his yaya". The Manila Times. Archived from the original on 2008-04-06. Retrieved 2008-06-27.
- Tan, Michael L (February 20, 2004). "Read those labels". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on December 6, 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
|This soft drink–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|