Royal University of Dhaka
|রয়েল ইউনিভার্সিটি অব ঢাকা|
|Affiliation||University Grants Commission (Bangladesh)|
|Chancellor||President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Profulla C. Sarker Ph.D|
|Students||2000(approx) as of Summer 2016|
|Location||Banai, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Royal University of Dhaka (RUD) (Bengali: রয়েল ইউনিভার্সিটি অব ঢাকা) is a non-profit, non-sectarian, private university in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The University Grants Commission (UGC) approved the academic programs on July 30, 2003, and on August 30, 2003 the Ministry of Education approved RUD under the Private University Act, 1992. RUD started functioning in 2004. Dr. Momtaz Begum, a philanthropist and social worker, is the founder chairperson. RUD operates at two campuses: the city campus and the permanent campus. The city campus is situated at Dhaka (House No-2, Road No-10, Block-E, Banani) and the permanent campus is located at Bashghari, Bhairab.
Royal University of Dhaka (RUD) is a private institution of higher education offering four years undergraduate degrees in Bachelor's in Business Administration (BBA), Hotel Management & Tourism (HMT), Economics, English, Computer Science & Information Technology (CSIT), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), and Education (B.Ed). Its post-graduate programs are Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (MSCSE), Master of Science in Library Management and Information Science (MSLMIS), and Master of Arts in Education (M.Ed).
Faculty of Science & Engineering
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) (day/evening)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science & Information Technology (CSIT) (day/evening)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- M.Sc.in Library Management and Information Science (MSLMIS)
The following major/concentrations are offered at the RUD CSE program:
- Software Designing and Development
- Web Solutions
- Data Communication
- Hardware Maintenance
- Information Science
Faculty of Business Administration
- BBA (day/evening)
- MBA (day/evening)
- Executive MBA
The following major/concentrations are offered at the RUD BBA program:
- Human Resource Management
- Business Economics
Faculty of Arts & Social Science
- BA in English
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Tourism (BHMT)
- Bachelor of Arts in Education (B. Ed)
- Master of Arts in Education (M.Ed.)
The department of English is one of the department of RUD which was established with a view of offering instruction in English at the undergraduate level. The syllabus of BA (Honors) creates a balance between literature and linguistics.
RUD has the following nine student clubs:
- Business Club
- Computer Club
- Cultural Club
- Debate Club
- Film & Drama Club
- Photography Club
- Social Welfare Club
- Sports Club
- Tourism Club
- "Errant Pvt Universities". The Daily Star. 26 October 2005.
- "No funding for research by 19 pvt varsities in 2013". The New Nation. Dhaka. 10 January 2015.
- Karim, Mohosinul (9 October 2015). "22 pvt varsities spent nothing on research last year". The Daily Observer. Dhaka.
- Harun ur Rashid (27 November 2015). "Earning up, research spending down". The Independent. Dhaka.
|This article about education in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|