Royal University of Law and Economics
|Location||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
RULE was established in 1949 as the National Institute of Law, Politics and Economics. In 2003, the institution was officially deemed a university.
- 1 Background
- 2 Staff and students
- 3 Academic programs
- 4 Undergraduate degree programs
- 5 Graduate degree programs
- 6 References
RULE is the first higher education institution in Cambodia. It was founded in 1948 as the National Institute of Law, Politics and Economics. In 1957 the institute became the faculty by Royal Decree. In 2003 the Faculty of Law and Economics was reorganized as a university, under the name of Royal University of Law and Economics. Other disciplines of social and natural sciences, such as language and computer sciences have been added to the curriculum.
The university has four faculties, two graduate schools and one center, teaching law, economics and business.
Staff and students
In 2003, there were 4,800 undergraduate students studying in the four faculties, among them were 1,478 female students. Newly established graduate schools accommodate 507 graduate students. There are 84 full-time and 112 visiting Cambodian lecturers and 70 foreign lecturers who give lectures under the academic exchange programs.
The educational term/grade level system has been divided into semesters, with eight semesters in the period of four years for bachelor's degree program.
Undergraduate degree programs
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Public Administration
Bachelor's in Public Administration
Faculty of Economics and Management
- Bachelor in Economics
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor in Accounting
- Bachelor in Finance and Banking
Faculty of Information Economics
- Bachelor in Information Economics
Graduate degree programs
Graduate School of Law
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master in Private Law (MPL)
- Master in International Business Law and Corporate Counsel (MIB)
Graduate School of Economics and Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA-Finance)
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing (MBA-Marketing)
- Master in Tourism Management