Royal Victoria DLR station
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Location of Royal Victoria in Greater London
|Location||Royal Victoria Dock|
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Docklands Light Railway|
|28 March 1994||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
National Rail's North London Line ran parallel to the DLR between Canning Town and Custom House stations until the Stratford to North Woolwich section closed on 9 December 2006. Its tracks passed close by the DLR platforms, but there were no NLL platforms although this is near the former Tidal Basin station on the Eastern Counties and Thames Junction Railway.
During 2009, as part of the Canning Town DLR flyover and the new DLR line from Canning Town to Stratford, an engineers' siding was added to the Victoria Dock Road side of the station.
On 1 June 2009 the Beckton branch was diverted onto the new flyover crossing the eastbound Woolwich branch and the branch to Stratford International. Constructed as part of the 3-Car Capacity Enhancement Project to serve Canning Town high-level DLR station, it oversails both City Airport and Canning Town low-level DLR station lines. (See main article Docklands Light Railway extension to Stratford International.) Formed from a number of different structures connected by a continuous reinforced concrete deck cast in situ the 330m long flyover allows DLR services from Canning Town station to Woolwich and Beckton termini to depart from any DLR platform.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Royal Victoria DLR station.|
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 June 2015.
- "Boarders and Alighters by station 2007 8 2008 9 (DLR)" (XLS). Docklands Light Railway annual passenger performance 2007-2008 and 2008-2009. Transport for London. 20 May 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "DLR Station Data for 1st April 2010 - 31st April 2011" (PDF). Docklands Light Railway annual passenger performance 2010-2011. Transport for London. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Crossrail Begins to Get Visible (Part 2)". London Reconnections. 16 Jan 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Transport For London Journey Planner". Retrieved 22 March 2016.
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||
|Out of system interchange|
|Emirates Air Line|
|Emirates Greenwich Peninsula||Emirates Air Line||Terminus|
|This article about the Docklands Light Railway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|