Royal Victoria DLR station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Royal Victoria Dock|
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Docklands Light Railway|
|28 March 1994||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
|London transport portal|
National Rail's North London Line ran parallel with the DLR between Canning Town and Custom House stations until the Stratford to North Woolwich section closed on 9 December 2006. Its tracks passed close by the DLR platforms, but there were no North London Line platforms. However, this station is near the former Tidal Basin station on the Eastern Counties and Thames Junction Railway.
During 2009, as part of the Canning Town DLR flyover and the new DLR line from Canning Town to Stratford, an engineers' siding was added to the Victoria Dock Road side of the station.
On 1 June 2009 the Beckton branch was diverted onto the new flyover, which crossed the Woolwich branch and the branch to Stratford International. The flyover was constructed as part of the 3-Car Capacity Enhancement Project to serve Canning Town high-level DLR station. (See main article Docklands Light Railway extension to Stratford International.) It is 330 metres long, and is formed from a number of different structures connected by a continuous reinforced concrete deck cast in situ. In addition, it allows DLR services from Canning Town towards Woolwich and Beckton to depart from any eastbound DLR platform.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Royal Victoria DLR station.|
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. December 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 December 2018.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Crossrail Begins to Get Visible (Part 2)". London Reconnections. 16 Jan 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Transport For London Journey Planner". Retrieved 22 March 2016.
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||
|Out of system interchange|
|Emirates Air Line|
|Emirates Greenwich Peninsula||Emirates Air Line||Terminus|