January 2, 1970 |
|September 20, 1991, for the San Francisco Giants|
|Last MLB appearance|
|September 30, 2007, for the Boston Red Sox|
|Runs batted in||723|
|Career highlights and awards|
Royce Spencer Clayton (born January 2, 1970) is an American former Major League Baseball shortstop and has appeared in two films. He is currently the Head Varsity Baseball Coach at Oaks Christian School 
Clayton was born in Burbank, California.
St. Francisco Giants
He was drafted out of St. Bernard High School in Playa del Rey in the first round (15th pick overall) of the 1988 Major League Baseball draft by the San Francisco Giants, and made his major league debut for the Giants on September 20, 1991. He played for the Giants for the first five seasons of his baseball career.
St. Louis Cardinals and Boston Red Sox
In 1997, Clayton was selected to represent the St. Louis Cardinals at the 1997 Major League Baseball All-Star Game. He also won a ring in the 2007 World Series since he played 8 games with the Boston Red Sox and started one.
Oaks Christian School
Clayton was hired as the head varsity coach at Oaks Christian School on August 31, 2016 to oversee the high school and middle school baseball programs.
- "Royce Clayton Statistics and History | Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "MLB All-Star Veteran leads OCS Baseball | oakschristian.org".
- "Royce Clayton Baseball Stats by Baseball Almanac".
- "Alumnus of the Month: Jorge Sanchez '87". Hofstra University. Retrieved 2010-01-30.
- Royce Clayton to play the role of Miguel Tejada in "Moneyball" movie