Royce de rohan Barondes
Royce de Rohan Barondes is a scholar in the field of business law at the University of Missouri School of Law. Barondes joined the University of Missouri faculty in 2002, after having taught law in the business schools of the University of Georgia and Louisiana State University. Before teaching, he practiced law for several years on his own and at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York City.
Barondes was hired as part of the University of Missouri's Contracting and Organizations Research Institute (CORI) initiative. He has published scholarly articles in such journals as Fordham Law Review, Tulane Law Review, and George Mason Law Review. Barondes teaches Business Organizations, Contracts, Corporate Finance and Securities Regulation.
Barondes received both his Bachelor of Science (SB) and Master of Science (SM) in 1982 from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and his Law Degree from the University of Virginia in 1985. While an undergraduate at MIT, Barondes cofounded the Rho Alpha Chapter of Zeta Psi Fraternity.
- Fiduciary Duties in Distressed Corporations: Second-Generation Issues, 1 JOURNAL OF BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY LAW 371 (2007).
- Correcting the Empirical Foundations of IPO-Pricing Regulation, 33 FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY LAW REVIEW 437 (2005).
- Should Antitrust Education be Mandatory (for Law School Administrators)? (with Thomas A. Lambert), 38 U.C. DAVIS LAW REVIEW 1299 (2005).
- NASD Regulation of IPO Conflicts of Interest - Does Gatekeeping Work?, 79 TULANE LAW REVIEW 859 (2005).
- An Alternative Paradigm for Valuing Breach of Registration Rights and Loss of Liquidity, 39 UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND LAW REVIEW 627 (2005).
- Examining Compliance with Fiduciary Duties: A Study of Real Estate Agents (with V. Carlos Slawson Jr.), 84 OREGON LAW REVIEW 681 (2005).
- Rejecting the Marie Antoinette Paradigm of Prejudgment Interest, 43 BRANDEIS LAW JOURNAL 1 (2004).
- Underwriters' Counsel as Gatekeeper or Turnstile: An Empirical Analysis of Law Firm Prestige and Performance in IPOs, with Charles Nyce and Gary C. Sanger, 2 CAPITAL MARKETS LAW JOURNAL 164 (2007).
- Brief Biography at the University of Missouri School of Law
- Social Science Research Network (Fuller List of Articles Authored or Co-authored by Barondes)
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about an American legal academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|