The "Crime da Rua Tonelero" took place on this street on August 5, 1954, at 12:30 AM, near building 180. It was an assassination attempt against Carlos Lacerda, the main adversary of then President Getúlio Vargas, previously Dictator of Brazil.
The name of the street is often misspelled as Toneleiro.
- Rua Tonelero, 50 years later (Portuguese)
- Rua Tonelero on mapcity.com[dead link] (Spanish)
- O atentado da Rua Tonelero (Portuguese)
- "Crime da rua Tonelero" ainda gera dúvida (Portuguese)
- História mal contada (Portuguese)
|This article about the roads and road transport of Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|