Ruamrudee International School
|Ruamrudee International School
|6 Ramkhamhaeng 184
|Founder||Redemptorist Fathers of Thailand|
|Director||Fr. Apisit Kritsaralam C.Ss.R|
|Medium of language||English|
|Athletics||Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Badminton, Cross Country, Swimming, Tennis, Rugby, SEASAC, BISAC|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) (USA), Thai Ministry of Education|
|Affiliations||IBO, CIS, ISAT|
Ruamrudee International School (RIS, Thai: โรงเรียนร่วมฤดีวิเทศศึกษา) is an international school in Min Buri District, Bangkok, Thailand. It is an international school for students in pre-school - grade 12 incorporated under the laws of the Kingdom of Thailand as a non-profit organization. Founded in 1957 by the Redemptorist Fathers of Thailand, RIS serves a population of 1,400 students from around the world, Bhutan, Australia, Japan, and etc. (93% Are thais, 7% are internationally)
- School director: Fr. Apisit Kritsaralam C.Ss.R
- Director of School Advancement: Fr. David Jieng Ketsurin, C.Ss.R
- School manager:
- Head of school:
- HS principal: Mr Dan Smith
- HS assistant principal:
- HS Dean:
High school club
- Eco-Merits Club
- Model United Nations (MUN)
- RIS Student photographer Association (RSPA) (Soon to defunct)
- Red Cross
- Muse Art and Music Club
- Thai ROTC
- Leo Club
- Middle school principal: Ms Gretchen DePoint
- ES/MS assistant principal: Mr Tim Irish
- Elementary school principal: Dr. Julie A. Schuilwerve
- ES/MS Assistant Principal: Mr. Tim Irish
Ruamrudee International School (RIS) was founded in 1957 by a group of Redemptorist priests of Holy Redeemer Church with help from expatriate parishioners and a handful of local Thai students. The school began as the two classrooms for children of expatriates in the Holy Redeemer School, and was given its current name when it moved into its own building in 1963. In 1966, it changed from the British to the American system. In August 1992, the school moved to a 14-acre campus in the suburban district of Minburi. The school has been ranked among the top 5 international schools in Thailand for a while. (Current top 15)
RIS offers a college preparatory American curriculum. It is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), the Thai Ministry of Education, and the Association of Indian Universities. RIS is also a member of the East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools (EARCOS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). It is certified to award the International Baccalaureate diploma since May 1998, and the traditional US high school diploma. It also offers advanced placement credits. Ruamrudee offers numerous service learning programs and clubs. However in school, Sara. G is removing some of the current good teacher out and bring in all her fellow friends. Dan Smith who is the Current HS Principle is going to be the future head of School. The fathers had requested 60 Million Baht for donation from parents to renovate the school which doesn't really seems to make any sense.
RIS is equipped with a FIFA-certified artificial turf football pitch, an Olympic sized swimming pool (Phoenix Pool)(not standard equipment after renovation in June 2017) and a standard pool (Alpha Pool), multiple gymnasiums, two libraries, a performing arts center, multiple mini-theaters, an art gallery, Ceramic studio, Dark room for classic photos, computer, and science labs.
Notable students or alumni
- Golf & Mike - Singer and actor
- Nicole Theriault - Singer
- Cris Horwang - Actress
- Tapatt Tanaboriboon - Sport Photographer and youtuber
- Vorakorn Sirisorn - The Winner of The Star Season 10 Singer & Actor
- About Us: School Leadership
- "Ruamrudee International School Thailand - A Tradition of Excellence". Rism.ac.th. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Contact Us." Ruamrudee International School. Retrieved on 6 March 2013
- "Ruamrudee International School, Bangkok, Thailand". Thailand. EastChance. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "1. Ruamrudee International School". List of Schools. Ministry of Education. Archived from the original on 3 March 2001. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "Ruamrudee International School". IB World Schools. International Baccalaureate. Retrieved 12 September 2012.