This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jackson in 2017
|Birth name||Ruaridh James Howard Jackson|
|Date of birth||12 February 1988|
|Place of birth||Northampton, England|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (13.5 st; 190 lb)|
|School||Robert Gordon's College|
|Rugby union career|
Ruaridh James Howard Jackson (born 12 February 1988) is a Scotland international rugby union player. He currently plays for Glasgow Warriors in the Pro14. Jackson started his career playing at fly-half, but soon transitioned to playing at full-back, where he has usually remained since his return to Glasgow Warriors in 2017.
Rugby Union career
Jackson signed for Glasgow Warriors in 2008.
In the 2013–14 season, Jackson was the back-up stand-off for Duncan Weir at both domestic and international levels. In March 2014, it was reported that he would not be offered another contract from Glasgow. From 2014-2016, he played for English side Wasps in the Aviva Premiership, though his first season saw little action due to a serious injury.
In May 2016, it was confirmed that Jackson would be joining Premiership rivals Harlequins ahead of the 2016–17 season.
Jackson re-signed for Glasgow Warriors in the summer of 2017, and extended his contract for a further year in 2018. He played mostly at full-back, having mostly played fly- half earlier in his career.
Jackson made his international debut for Scotland in the autumn of 2010, coming on as a substitute in the test against the All Blacks. He also came off the bench against Samoa two weeks later, kicking the winning penalty goal in the 80th minute in a match played in Aberdeen. Jackson was the starting fly-half for Scotland's 2013 Six Nations campaign, but was dropped from the starting XV halfway through the Championship for Glasgow teammate Duncan Weir. Jackson was selected for Scotland's 2018 tour to Canada, USA and Argentina, and started the first game against Canada. He was called up for the Scotland Sevens squad for the Commonwealth Games in the Gold Coast in 2018.
- "Jackson returns to face Dragons - Glasgow Warriors". www.glasgowwarriors.org.
- "Warriors find out pro draft destinations - Glasgow Warriors". www.glasgowwarriors.org.
- "Tennent's Premiership clubs decide pro-player draft". Scottish Rugby Union.
- "Glasgow: Duncan Weir signs, Jackson set to exit". www.scotsman.com.
- "Wasps sign Scotland fly-half Ruaridh Jackson from Glasgow Warriors". Premiership Rugby. 23 April 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Harlequins to sign Scotland fly-half Ruaridh Jackson from Wasps". 3 May 2016 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Glasgow Warriors (Ruaridh Jackson ) - Glasgow Warriors". www.glasgowwarriors.org.
- "Scotland 19-16 Samoa". 27 November 2010 – via news.bbc.co.uk.
- 2013 Six Nations Championship
- "Glasgow Warriors - Coaching role for Ruaridh Jackson". www.glasgowwarriors.com.
|This Scottish rugby union biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|