|Full name||Rubén Alvarez|
|Born||30 May 1961|
Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Died||9 November 2014(aged 53)|
|Former tour(s)||Tour de las Americas|
|Best results in major championships|
|The Open Championship||T67: 1994|
|Achievements and awards|
Alvarez won the Argentine Qualifying School in 1986, and went on to win the Argentine Tour Ranking (Order of Merit) in 1991, but he only competed once in a major championships, the British Open in 1994. He competed on the Challenge Tour in 1991, with a best of two second-place finishes, the Ramlösa Open and the Jede Hot Cup, both held in Sweden. He competed on the European Tour from 1993 to 1995, and had two top ten finishes, coming 9th in both the 1994 Tenerife Open and the 1995 Madeira Island Open.
Alvarez represented Argentina on one occasion in the World Cup, in 1991 in Italy, and was 3rd in an individual tournament. He was second in the San Pablo Open (Brazil) in 1990.
Argentine wins (18)
- 1991 Pinamar Open, South Open, Acantilados Grand Prix, Norpatagonico Open, Praderas Grand Prix
- 1992 Boulonge Four Ball, La Orquidea Grand Prix, Hindu Club Grand Prix, Martindale Grand Prix, Los Pinguinos Grand Prix
- 1993 Praderas Grand Prix
- 1995 Argentine PGA Championship, Norpatagonico Open
- 1998 Parana Open
- 1999 Praderas Grand Prix
- 2000 Metropolitano Open
- 2003 South Open
- 2004 Smithfield Club Grand Prix
Other wins (1)
- 1991 La Deheza Grand Prix (Chile)
- World Cup (representing Argentina):: 1991, 1992
- "1994 British Open – Leaderboard". Yahoo Sports.
- "Rubén Alvarez, ex miembro del European Tour, falleció a los 53 años". Golf Channel – Latin America (in Spanish). 10 November 2014. Archived from the original on 4 December 2014.
- "Falleció Rubén Álvarez" (in Spanish). Asociacion Argentina del Golf. 10 November 2014. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014.