|Full name||Rubén Alejandro Botta Montero|
|Date of birth||31 January 1990|
|Place of birth||San Juan, Argentina|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2014–2015||→ Chievo (loan)||21||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 March 2017 (UTC).
Rubén Botta made his league debut for Tigre in a 0–0 draw with Boca Juniors on 23 March 2009, at the age of 19. He only played one further game in the 2009 Clausura before being loaned for half a season Latvian Higher League side FK Ventspils, where he did not play in any games. In 2010, he returned to Tigre and begun to make more regular appearances for the club. On 13 November, he came to widespread attention in a 2–1 win against league leaders Estudiantes de la Plata, in which he assisted for Tigre's second goal and nearly scored a third after a display of individual skill.[unreliable source?]
In April 2013, he signed for Serie A club Internazionale, despite he would join A.S. Livorno Calcio first. Botta failed to obtain Italian citizenship, thus Inter bought the non-EU registration quota from Livorno . In January 2014 Botta formally became a player of Inter. On 7 July 2015 Botta agreed to join Mexican side C.F. Pachuca.
Style of play
Botta primarily plays as an attacking midfielder. He is left-footed.
- "Botta, una doppietta dedicata all'Inter". Corriere dello Sport (in Italian). 20 April 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Calciomercato Inter, Ruben Botta: Il mancato ottenimento del passaporto fa saltare il trasferimento, ma…" (in Italian). calciomercatonews.com. 31 July 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "RUBEN BOTTA JOINS INTER". Inter Milan. 8 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Ruben Botta definitivo al Pachuca" (in Italian). F.C. Internazionale Milano. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- Profile at ESPN FC
- BDFA profile (Spanish)
- Argentine Primera statistics at Futbol XXI (Spanish)
- Rubén Botta at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to an Argentine association football midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|