Rubén Galván (footballer)
|Full name||Rubén Galván|
|Date of birth||7 April 1952|
|Place of birth||Comandante Fontana, Argentina|
|Date of death||14 March 2018(aged 65)|
|1980||Estudiantes de La Plata||21||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Rubén Galván (7 April 1952 – 14 March 2018) was an Argentine football midfielder who played for Club Atlético Independiente for most of his career. At international level, he was part of the Argentina squad that won the 1978 FIFA World Cup on home soil.
Galván was part of the Independiente team that won four consecutive Copa Libertadores titles between 1972 and 1975. He was also part of the team that won back to back Nacional championships in 1977 and 1978.
In 1980, he had a short spell with Estudiantes de La Plata but he retired later that year at the age of only 27.
- Copa Libertadores: 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975
- Intercontinental Cup: 1973
- Primera División Argentina – Nacional: 1977, 1978
- FIFA World Cup: 1978
- "Rubén Galván — Argentina 1978" (PDF). diariohoy.net. 10 June 2006. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Murió Rubén Galván, campeón del mundo en 1978 y gloria de la historia de Independiente". Infobae (in Spanish). 2018-03-14. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "Argentina National Team Players 1964-1998". Prepared and maintained by Luc Vandenberghe for the Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. 22 November 2012. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Rubén Galván, el hombre que casi nació de nuevo at Clarín (in Spanish)
- Muere el argentino Rubén Galván, campeón del mundo en Argentina 1978 - Marca (in Spanish)
- "Intercontinental Cup 1973. Juventus (Italy) 0–1 Independiente (Argentina)". Prepared and maintained by Osvaldo José Gorgazzi for the Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. 16 July 2000. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "Campeonato Nacional 1977 (Nacional Championship)". Prepared and maintained by Pablo Ciullini for the Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. 28 May 2006. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
|This biographical article related to an Argentine association football midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|