Rubber Manufacturers Association
The U.S. Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA), established in 1915 as the Rubber Club of America, is a national trade and advocacy group of U.S. rubber tire manufacturers. The Rubber Manufacturers Association formed the Tire Industry Safety Council trade association in the United States in May 1969, which is based in Washington, D.C.
RMA represents its members before federal, state and local government entities; develops safety standards for passenger, light truck and commercial truck tires; advocates for environmentally and economically sound scrap tire management policies aggregates data pertaining to U.S. tire shipments; and, educates consumers about proper tire care, among other activities.— RMA - About Us
Members of the Rubber Manufacturers Association include:
- Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Continental Tire the Americas, LLC
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
- Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc.
- the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Michelin North America, Inc.
- Pirelli Tire North America
- Sumitomo Rubber North America, Inc.
- Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc.
- Yokohama Tire Corporation.
British Rubber Manufacturers' Association
- Anderson, Jack (December 13, 1969). "Tire Industry Gets Rap in Safety-Measure Fuss". Spokane Daily Chronicle. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Tire recall focuses attention on usual question of underinflation". The Washingtion Times. August 25, 2000. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- "The State Of Studded Snow Tires". Chicago Tribune. March 11, 2010. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- RMA Senior Management | Rubber Manufacturers Association
- Member Directory | Rubber Manufacturers Association
- Limited, Rapra Technology (1999). Toxicity and Safe Handling of Rubber Chemicals. RAPRA Technology. p. 462. ISBN 978-1-85957-174-3. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- King, R.W.; Magid, J. (2013). Industrial Hazard and Safety Handbook: (Revised impression). Elsevier Science. p. 798. ISBN 978-1-4831-0219-1. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- India Rubber & Tire Review. India Rubber Review. 1916. pp. 73–79. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- India Rubber Review: A Monthly Journal for the Maker, Seller and User of Rubber. India Rubber Review. 1917. pp. 15–17. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- Erickson, W.D. (1987). Belt Selection and Application for Engineers. Dekker Mechanical Engineering. Taylor & Francis. p. 451. ISBN 978-0-8247-7353-3. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- Gilmore, C.P. (November 1987). "Tire myths ... continued". Popular Science. p. 83. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- Pickler, Nedra (June 5, 2002). "Study Finds Fault With Tires". Associated Press. Archived from the original on September 11, 2016. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- "California Tire Measure is a Lawsuit Magnet". Science Letter. June 9, 2009. Archived from the original on September 10, 2016. Retrieved July 30, 2016. (subscription required)
- "RMA launches tire recall search tool". Tire Business. June 2, 2016. Retrieved July 30, 2016.