Ruben Aleksanyan at 2016 Olympics
|Born||14 March 1990|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||153.85 kg (339 lb)|
Ruben Aleksanyan (Armenian: Ռուբեն Ալեքսանյան; born 14 March 1990) is an Armenian weightlifter. He won a gold medal at the 2009 European Championships in Władysławowo, Poland, and a silver medal at the 2010 European Championships in Minsk, Belarus. He was still under twenty years of age when he lifted a combined total of 432 kg (195 kg in the snatch and 237 kg in the clean and jerk), which was a European Under-20 record, in losing to Evgeny Chigishev. He competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics in the Men's +105 kg.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Ruben Aleksanyan". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- "Ruben Aleksanyan-European Champion". News.am. 19 November 2009. Retrieved 12 April 2010.
- "Evgeny Ghigishev y Andrei Aramnov ganan las últimas medallas". adn.es. 11 April 2010. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2010.
- "ALEKSANYAN Ruben". Rio 2016. Archived from the original on 15 August 2016. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Ruben Aleksanyan at the International Weightlifting Federation
- Ruben Aleksanyan at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
|This biographical article relating to weightlifting in Armenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|