|Date of birth||30 July 1998|
|Place of birth||Shkodër, Albania|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|2016||→ Vllaznia Shkodër B||3||(2)|
|2018–2019||→ Partizani Tirana (loan)||21||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 August 2019|
Hebaj started his youth career at age of 14 with Vllaznia Shkodër in September 2012 and was placed in under-15 team. With under-15 side Hebaj won the National Regional Championship and was voted as the best player of the tournament. After spending one season with under-15 he advanced in other youth teams of Vllaznia. During the 2016–17 season he played for Vllaznia Shkodër B in the Albanian Second Division, scoring two goals in three matches.
He made his debut with the Vllaznia Shkodër first team under the coach Armir Grimaj in the 2015–16 Albanian Cup match against Apolonia Fier on 28 October 2015 in a goalless draw, coming on as a substitute in the 70th minute in place of Santiago Martinez.
On 22 June 2017, Hebaj moved for the first time aboard by joining Slovenian team Domžale on a three-year contract. He made his debut on 30 July 2017 against Ankaran in the third game week, coming on as a substitute in the 58th minute in place of Matija Rom. He scored his first goal on 27 August 2017 against Krško in his third match played. In the contest, Hebaj provided the assist for Alen Ožbolt's equalising goal and, minutes later, scored himself for the 2–1 lead. However, Krško managed to win the game with a score of 4–2.
Loan to Partizani Tirana
On 27 July 2018, Partizani Tirana reached an agreement with Domžale for the services of Hebaj on a one-year loan; his salary will be paid by his parent club. He was presented the following day, receiving the squad number 9. He endured a difficult first part of the season, spending the time between bench and the pitch. However, he proved to be decisive in the capital derby against Tirana, as he came from the bench to score a brace, his first league goals, to help the team overturn the result and win 2–1 to maintain the championship lead.
Hebaj was called up by Albania under-17 team coach Džemal Mustedanagić to participate in the 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification where Albania was placed in Group 9. He made his debut on 8 October in the first match against Norway where he appeared as a second-half substitute in an eventual 3–0 defeat. He went on to play in the remaining two matches as Albania failed to pass the group, finishing in third position.
In November 2015, Hebaj was called to the under-19s by the coach Arjan Bellaj for the 2016 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification. He managed to play in all three matches in Group 8, as Albania was eliminated in the process, finishing third.
He received his first call up for the Albania under-20 side by Alban Bushi for the friendly match against Georgia U20 on 14 November 2017. He debuted for under-20 team against Georgia playing the full 90-minutes match, finished in a 3–0 loss.
Hebaj received the first call-up at under-21 squad by coach Redi Jupi for the closing 2017 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification match against Israel on 10 October 2016. However, he was an unused substitute as Albania was defeated 4–0.
Hebaj was called up by coach Alban Bushi for the friendly against France on 5 June 2017 and the 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualification opening match against Estonia one week later. He made his competitive debut on 5 June 2017 coming on as a substitute of a 3–0 home defeat to France.
Hebaj scored his first goals for under-21 side in November 2018 in a double friendly against Malta; he scored and won a penalty kick in the first match at Selman Stërmasi Stadium on 16th which was won 2–0, while three days later scored a brace at Loro Boriçi Stadium in another Albania win.
|Vllaznia Shkodër||2015–16||Albanian Superliga||0||0||1||0||—||1||0|
|Vllaznia Shkodër B||2016–17||Albanian Second Division||3||2||—||—||3||2|
- "Rajonalet U15, Shkodra fiton gjithcka" [Regions U15, Shkodra wins everything] (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 4 July 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Rubin Hebaj profile FSHF.org
- "Apolonia Fier vs. Vllaznia Shkodër 0 – 0". Soccerway. 28 October 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Gaspër Marku (22 June 2017). "Zyrtare, Hebaj firmos në Slloveni" [Official, Hebaj signs in Slovenia] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Ankaran Hrvatini vs. Domžale - 30 July 2017 Soccerway
- "VIDEO / Gol dhe asist, Ruben Hebaj fillon të lërë shenjë te Domzhale". Panorama Sport. 27 August 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Krško vs. Domžale - 27 August 2017". Soccerway. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Rubin Hebaj akord me Partizanin, rrogën do t'i paguajë Domazhale" [Rubin Hebaj agreement with Partizani, his wage will be paid by Domžale] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 27 July 2018. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "E merr në formë huazimi, Partizani prezanton talentin shkodran" [Partizani takes on loan and presentes the talent from Shkodra] (in Albanian). Konica.al. 28 July 2018. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Gega: Ndjemë lodhjen, Hebaj dhe Çinari duhet të shtynin më shumë" [Gega: We are feeling the fatigue, Hebaj and Çinari need to push harder] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "VIDEO – Derbi i çmendur, Hebaj dërgon "demat" në ekstazë" [Video – Crazy derby, Hebaj sends the 'bulls' in ecstasy] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 30 November 2018. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Kombëtarja U-17, gati per Eliminatoret" [Under-17 national team, ready for the qualifying] (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 6 October 2014. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Norway U17 3 – 0 Albania U17". Soccerway. 8 October 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Under-17 - Standings". UEFA.com. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "U-19, nis grumbullimi për eliminatoret" [U-19, the gather for qualifiers has begun] (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 3 November 2015. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Under-19 - Standings". UEFA.com. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "U-21, Bushi ne konference per shtyp" (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 6 November 2017. Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "U-20, humbet ndeshjen miqësore në Gjeorgji" (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 14 November 2017. Archived from the original on 15 November 2017. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "FSHF skandal me Shpresat, fshihet lista e Kombëtares U-21" [FSHF scandal with "hopes", the list of under-21 national team is deleted] (in Albanian). Panorama Sport. 10 October 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Israel U21 vs. Albania U21 - 10 October 2016 Soccerway
- "Alban Bushi shpall listën e U21 për Francën dhe Estoninë" [Alban Bushi announces the U21 list for France and Estonia] (in Albanian). FSHF.org. 1 June 2017. Archived from the original on 5 July 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "VIDEO / Franca mposht me lehtësi në miqësore Shpresat kuqezi" [VIDEO / France easily defeats in friendly the redandblack hopes]. Syri.net. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "VIDEO – "Zgjohet" Shqipëria e Bushit, shkëlqejnë "yjet" e Partizanit" [Video – Bushi's Albania “awaken”, Partizani's “stars” shines] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 16 November 2018. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "VIDEO – Hebaj "merr për dore" Shqipërinë U21, triumf me përmbysje" [Hebaj takes Albania by hand, a comeback trimph] (in Albanian). Sport Ekspres. 19 November 2018. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- Rubin Hebaj at Soccerway. Retrieved 15 December 2017.