Ruchir Puri is an IBM Fellow at IBM Thomas J Watson Research Center, Yorktown Hts, NY where he leads research efforts in cloud and cognitive platforms focusing on Deep Learning and cognitive systems. In the past, Ruchir lead design and methodology innovations for all of IBM’s enterprise server and system chip designs. Dr. Puri has received numerous accolades including the highest technical position at IBM, the IBM Fellow, which was awarded for his transformational role in microprocessor design methodology. In addition, Dr. Puri has received “Best of IBM” awards in both 2011 and 2012 and IBM Corporate Award from IBM’s CEO, and several IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement awards. Dr. Ruchir Puri is a Fellow of the IEEE, a member of IBM Academy of Technology and IBM Master Inventor, an ACM Distinguished Speaker and IEEE Distinguished Lecturer. He is also a recipient of SRC outstanding mentor award and have been an adjunct professor at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, NY and was also honored with John Von-Neumann Chair at Institute of Discrete Mathematics at Bonn University, Germany. Ruchir also received 2014 Asian American Engineer of the Year Award. He has delivered numerous keynotes and invited talks at major VLSI Design and Automation conferences, National Science Foundation and US Department of Defense Research panels and have been an editor of IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems. Dr. Puri is an inventor of over 50 U.S. patents (both issued and pending) and have authored over 100 publications on the design and synthesis of low-power and high-performance circuits. Ruchir is very passionate about technology among school children and has been evangelizing fun with electronics and FIRST LEGO LEAGUE Robotics in community schools.
- Chair, OpenPower Machine Learning Committee
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits & Systems, 2005-2007.
- Member, Technical/Program/Panel Committees of major IEEE, ACM conferences, and National Science Foundation Panels.
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, NY, 2000-2002.
Selected Awards and Honors
- IBM Fellow, 2012 
- IEEE Fellow for “contributions to automated logical and physical design of electronic circuits”, 2007.
- ACM Distinguished Speaker, 2006–present 
- SRC – GRC Outstanding Mentor Award for contributions to academic research and student mentoring, 2008.
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Distinguished Lecturer, 2010-2011.
- Asian American Engineer of the Year Award, 2014.
- Best of IBM Award, 2011, 2012.
- IBM Master Inventor, 2009.
- Elected to IBM Academy of Technology, 2009.
- John-Von-Neumann Chair at the Research Institute of Discrete and Applied Mathematics, Bonn University, Germany, 2011.
- IBM News Room 2012 IBM Fellow
- IT News IT News
- IEEE Fellows Fellows in Region 1: Northeastern USA
- ACM Distinguished Speaker Program Distinguished ACM Speaker
- Semiconductor Research Corporation 2008 Mahboob Khan Outstanding Mentor Award Winners
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer Program IEEE Distinguished Lecturer
- Asian American Engineer of the Year Award Asian American Engineer of the Year Award