|Born||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
At the age of 19 years, she opened her first fashion boutique Rebel in 1994, heralding a fashion design and retailing revolution in Sri Lanka. At present she owns 2 high fashion outlets at leading shopping malls in the city of Colombo, as Crescat Boulevard and Majestic City.
She held over 250 fashion shows both locally and abroad, inclusive of Miss Sri Lanka pageant and also has been featured in many high-profile magazines, catalogues and TV channels.
- "SLAHAB holds open forum for fashion extravaganza - The Sunday Times". Retrieved 2007-01-14.
- "The portrait of a Rebel fashion designer". Daily News(Sri Lanka). 14 March 2007.
- "Meet the designers behind the divas". The Sunday Times(Sri Lanka). 14 October 2007. ISSN 1391-0531.
- Official Website - Rebel Fashion
- Ruchira's page at British Council Sri Lanka
- Official Website - The Model Network, Sri Lanka
|This Sri Lankan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|