Rudi Fuchs in 1985
Rudolf Herman Fuchs|
28 April 1942
|Alma mater||Leiden University|
|Occupation||Author, art critic|
In February 1993 he became director of the Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam. At first he was general director, later director of art. He worked at the museum until 1 January 2003. His farewell was spoiled by a misunderstanding over VAT with the tax authorities.
Awards and decorations
Fuchs has received the following awards and decorations:
- Knight in the Order of St. Olav (1996)
- Knight in the Order of the Netherlands Lion (1998)
- Commander in the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic (1998)
- Commander in the Order of the Oak Crown (1999)
- Officer in the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (2002)
- Honorary Medal for Merits toward Museum Collections (2004)
- Honorary Medal for Art and Science (2007)
- Rudi Fuchs, "Minimal Baroque and Hymns", Damienhirst.com, 2010.
- (in Dutch) Robbert Roos, "Rudi Fuchs verlaat Stedelijk Museum", Kunstbeeld, 2002.
- (in Dutch) AB, "AB trekt het stekkie eruit: Fuchsia", Propria Cures, 2012.
- (in Dutch) Pieter van Os, "De eindeloze verdachte", De Groene Amsterdammer, 2003.
- (in Dutch) Goed kijken met Rudi Fuchs, University of Amsterdam.
- (in Dutch) Curriculum Vitae Rudi Fuchs, Leids Universiteits Fonds. Retrieved on 2013-09-26.
- (in Dutch) Rudi Fuchs ontvangt museummedaille, Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, 2004. Retrieved on 2013-09-26.
- (in Dutch) Eremedaille voor Kunst en Wetenschap voor Rudi Fuchs, Dutch royal house, 2007. Retrieved on 2013-09-26.