Rudolf Schmid (luger)
|Bronze||1976 Innsbruck||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1974 Königssee||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1975 Hammarstrand||Men's doubles|
|Silver||1970 Hammarstrand||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1974 Imst||Men's singles|
Rudolf Schmid (21 March 1951 - 21 October 2014) was an Austrian luger who competed during the mid-1970s. Teamed with Franz Schachner together they won the bronze medal in the men's doubles event at the 1976 Winter Olympics of Innsbruck.
Schmid also won two bronze medals in the men's doubles event at the FIL World Luge Championships (1974, 1975). He also won two medals at the FIL European Luge Championships with a silver in men's doubles (1970) and a bronze in men's singles (1974).
- Death of Rudolf Schmid from FIL site. - accessed 25 October 2014.
- DatabaseOlympics.com information on Schmid
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Men's luge
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skelton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- List of European luge champions (German)
|This biographical article relating to Austrian luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|