|Born||17 January 1918|
|Died||26 April 2001(aged 83)|
|Commands held||2./JG 52|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Rudolf Trenkel (17 January 1918 – 26 April 2001) was a German fighter pilot during World War II. A flying ace, he was credited with 138 victories and was a recipient of Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross of Nazi Germany.
Rudolf Trenkel served in Jagdgeschwader 52 (JG 52) during the Battle of Britain. From February to June 1942 he was assigned to Jagdgeschwader 77 (JG 77) only to be transferred back to JG 52, taking command of the 2nd Staffel. In 1944 he was forced to bail out five times within ten days. On 14 July 1944, Trenkel was credited with his 100th aerial victory. He was the 83rd Luftwaffe pilot to achieve the century mark.
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (11 December 1942)
- German Cross in Gold on 15 January 1943 as Feldwebel in the 2./JG 52
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 19 August 1943 as Oberfeldwebel and pilot in the 2./JG 52
- Obermaier 1989, p. 244.
- Obermaier 1989, p. 217.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 479.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 52.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Obermaier, Ernst (1989). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe Jagdflieger 1939 – 1945 (in German). Mainz, Germany: Verlag Dieter Hoffmann. ISBN 978-3-87341-065-7.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.