Rudolf Wolff & Co.
This article has an unclear citation style. Learn how and when to remove this template message)(March 2015) (
Rudolf Wolff & Co. was founded in London in 1866 as a metal merchant.
In 1877, Rudolf Wolff was amongst the group of merchants who formed the London Metal Exchange. Over the years Rudolf Wolff & Co became one of the leading brokers and Ring dealing member of the London Metal Exchange and members of the Company have played a very active role in the organization and running of the Exchange.
In 1982, Rudolf Wolff & Co. Ltd. became a wholly owned subsidiary of Noranda.
In the 1990s Rudolf Wolff dealt in a range of over 150 commodity futures and options, covering metals, agricultural commodities, energy, currencies, financial instruments and stock indices, trading on more than 20 international exchanges.
Rudolf Wolff Limited is now a specialist London based fund management firm under the helm of Howard Colvin and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) pka the Financial Services Authority ("FSA") in the United Kingdom. The name Rudolf Wolff has been associated with the City for almost 150 years. The original Rudolf Wolff was a German metals merchant who established Rudolf Wolff & Co. in London in 1866. That company became a founding member of the London Metal Exchange in 1877, the pre-eminent international terminal market for primary base metals.
The Rudolf Wolff brand name was re-launched in 2008 by a team that includes a number of the former management and family of Rudolf Wolff.
- Wolff's Guide to the London Metal Exchange (Metal Bulletin Books Limited, 3rd Edition 1987) ISBN 0-947671-05-6
- Wolff's Guide to the London Metal Exchange (Metal Bulletin Books Limited, 2nd Edition 1980) ISBN 0-900542-43-8
- Wolff's Guide to the London Metal Exchange (Metal Bulletin Books Limited, 1st Edition 1976)
- Dealing on the London Metal Exchange and Commodity Markets (M. C. Brackenbury & CO.)
- Robert Gibson-Jarvie. The London Metal Exchange - a commodity market (Woodhead-Faulkner Ltd. in association with Metallgesellschaft AG, 1st Edition 1976) ISBN 0-85941-042-0