|Born||25 August 1904|
|Organization||Chief Historian of the Office of the Secretary of Defense|
In 1953, he worked on the report of the Rockefeller Committee on Department of Defense Organization. This work culminated in the Department of Defense Reorganization Act of 1958. This legislation established the Advanced Research Projects Agency, eventually known as DARPA. 
- ancientfaces.com, Rudolph Winnacker (1904 - 1985)
- James E. O'Neill and Robert W. Krauskopf (1976), World War II: An Account of Its Documents, Part 3, Howard University Press, 1976, p239
- Office of the Secretary of Defense, Rudolph Winnacker
- Jeremy Adelman (2013), Worldly Philosopher: The Odyssey of Albert O. Hirschman, Princeton University Press, p227
- "Rudolph Winnacker". history.defense.gov. Retrieved 2021-04-22.