|Fields||Mechanical, MEMS, NEMS|
|Institutions||Indian Institute of Science|
Rudra Pratap is an Indian Engineer and Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. Among other research interests, he works in the field of Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and currently heads India's first research lab in the field of Microelectromechanical systems, the CranesSci MEMS Lab at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. His book on MATLAB Getting Started with MATLAB 7 is popular among the students of engineering. He is also the Chair for the Centre of Nanoscience and Engineering (CeNSE).
Pratap is an Associate Editor of Shock and Vibration Journal which publishes articles on various aspects of shocks and vibration including vibration measurements, vibration condition monitoring, shock hardening, fluid-structure interaction, impact biodynamics, vehicle dynamics, and gun dynamics.
Education and work
Pratap obtained his B.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in the year 1985. He then obtained his MS from University of Arizona, Tucson in the year 1987 followed by PhD from Cornell University, Ithaca in the year 1993. He joined Indian Institute of Science in the year 1996 and has been there since.
- Getting Started with MATLAB 7: A Quick Introduction for Scientists and Engineers, Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Introduction to Statics and Dynamics, with Andy Ruina, Oxford University press, 2002.
- Rudra Pratap at Indian Institute of Science
- "Nanotechnology yet to take off". The Hindu. 2007-10-03. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- "IISC, Cranes Software set up MEMS lab". The Times of India. 2002-06-02. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- Syllabus for Mechanics and Materials II at MIT OpenCourseWare
- IOS Press - Shock and Vibration
- Getting Started with MATLAB 7 at Oxford University press
- Introduction to Statics and Dynamics
- China may beat US in science, technology
- Nanotechnology: India lagging far behind other nations, says expert
- Lack of information flow a major hurdle for nanotechnology
|This Indian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|