|• Total||11.58 km2 (4.47 sq mi)|
|Elevation||788 m (2,585 ft)|
|• Density||36/km2 (93/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Andiast, Flond, Ilanz, Obersaxen, Pigniu, Schnaus, Siat, Waltensburg/Vuorz|
Rueun is a former municipality in the district of Surselva in the canton of Graubünden in Switzerland. On 1 January 2014 the former municipalities of Rueun, Castrisch, Ilanz, Ladir, Luven, Pitasch, Riein, Ruschein, Schnaus, Sevgein, Duvin, Pigniu and Siat merged into the new municipality of Ilanz/Glion.
Coat of arms
The blazon of the municipal coat of arms is Gules St. Andrew issuant holding a wooden saltire cross. The motif of St. Andrew comes from the local Church of St. Andrew, which was under the authority of Disentis Abbey.
Before the merger, Rueun had a total area of 11.6 km2 (4.5 sq mi). Of this area, 46% is used for agricultural purposes, while 43.7% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 4.4% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (5.9%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
Rueun had a population (as of 2011) of 414. As of 2008[update], 8.0% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has decreased at a rate of -1.1%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks Romansh (72.0%), with German being second most common (14.3%) and Serbo-Croatian being third ( 4.1%).
As of 2000[update], the gender distribution of the population was 48.9% male and 51.1% female. The age distribution, as of 2000[update], in Rueun is; 67 children or 14.6% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 52 teenagers or 11.3% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 44 people or 9.6% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 88 people or 19.1% are between 30 and 39, 69 people or 15.0% are between 40 and 49, and 34 people or 7.4% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 43 people or 9.3% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 36 people or 7.8% are between 70 and 79, there are 23 people or 5.0% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 4 people or 0.9% who are between 90 and 99.
Rueun has an unemployment rate of 1.29%. As of 2005[update], there were 26 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 12 businesses involved in this sector. 46 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 8 businesses in this sector. 43 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 14 businesses in this sector.
The historical population is given in the following table:
- Nomenklaturen – Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz Archived 2015-11-13 at the Wayback Machine (in German) accessed 13 December 2014
- Rueun in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (in German) accessed 23 September 2009
- Flags of the World.com accessed 02-Dec-2009
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 23 January 2014 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "SFSO" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Graubunden Population Statistics Archived 2009-08-27 at the Wayback Machine (in German) accessed 21 September 2009
- Graubunden in Numbers Archived 2009-09-24 at the Wayback Machine (in German) accessed 21 September 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rueun.|