||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016)
Rufisque Department is one of the 45 departments of Senegal and one of the four which make up the Dakar Region.
There are six urban communes within the department: Bargny, Sébikotane, Diamniadio, Jaxaay-Parcelle-Niakoul Rap, Sangalkam and Sendou. The rest of the department is divided into two arrondissements.
- Rufisque Arrondissement is subdivided into three communes de arrondissement, Rufisque Est, Rufisque Nord and Rufisque Ouest.
- Bambylor Arrondissement is subdivided into 3 rural districts (communautés rurales);
- Tivaouane Peulh-Niaga
Historic sites 
- The historic centre or Old Rufisque, lying between the East Canal, the West Canal, the railway line and the seafront.
- National printworks
- Former William Ponty school at Sébikotane
- Ancient dunes at Kounoune, Neolithic site
- Lake Retba, The Rose Lake or Pink Lake (coloured pink by algae)
Coordinates: 14°43′01″N 17°16′01″W / 14.717°N 17.267°W