Rugby League 2
|Rugby League 2|
|Publisher(s)||Tru Blu Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||9 December 2005|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
The title was developed by New Zealand company Sidhe and published in Australasia by Tru Blu Entertainment and in Europe by Alternative Software. New Zealand Warriors captain Steve Price is featured on the cover. The United Kingdom release features former St Helens captain Paul Sculthorpe on the cover.
- PlayStation 2/Microsoft Windows
- Online multiplayer, allowing two players to play against each other in either a friendly match or a competitive "ranked" mode.
- More teams and players, with updated statistics and team strips.
- 40 Stadiums.
- Brand new gameplay features, including ball-stripping and pass-to-playmaker controls.
- Multi-year franchise mode, manage team finances.
- Massively upgraded graphics engine, allowing for more than 500 players.
- Motion-captured animation from Weta Digital.
- Highly customizable gameplay experience, with sliders and content editors that allow for considerable adjustment.
- Multiple save-slots available in Franchise and Competition modes.
- Shoulder-barge, fend and sidestep controls additionally on right thumbstick.
- Pause function disabled during ranked matches to prevent player exploiting this feature.
- Autosave available in Competition and Franchise modes.
- Graphical tweaks to improve the overall look and realism of the game.
- Improvements to management of custom and customized players and teams.
- New Zealand perform the Haka.
Teams and Stadiums
- Aussie Stadium - Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Brookvale Oval - Manly Sea Eagles
- Campbelltown Stadium - Wests Tigers
- Canberra Stadium - Canberra Stadium
- Central Coast - City and Country
- Dairy Farmers Stadium - North Queensland Cowboys
- EnergyAustralia Stadium - Newcastle Knights
- Leichhardt Oval - Wests Tigers
- OKI Jubilee Stadium - St. George Illawarra Dragons
- Olympic Park - Melbourne Storm
- QSAC Stadium
- Parramatta Stadium - Parramatta Eels
- Penrith Football Stadium - Penrith Panthers
- Sydney Cricket Ground
- Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane Broncos, Queensland
- Sydney Showground (Homebush)
- Telstra Stadium - Canterbury Bulldogs and New South Wales Blues
- The Beach (unlockable)
- Toyota Park - Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
- WIN Stadium - St George Illawarra Dragons
- Ericsson Stadium - New Zealand Warriors, New Zealand
- Jade Stadium
- The Warehouse (unlockable)
- Westpac Stadium
- Atlantic Solutions Stadium - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
- Griffin Park - London Broncos
- Haliwell Jones Stadium - Warrington Wolves
- Halton Stadium
- Headingley Stadium - Leeds Rhinos
- JJB Stadium - Wigan Warriors
- KC Stadium - Hull FC
- Knowsley Road - St. Helens
- Odsal Stadium - Bradford Bulls
- Manchester Stadium
- The Coliseum
- The Galpharm - Huddersfield Giants
- The Jungle - Castleford Tigers
- The Willows - Salford City Reds
- Wilderspool Stadium - Warrington Wolves
- Stade Aime Giral - Les Catalans
- Flavian Anphitheatre
- Brisbane Broncos
- Canberra Raiders
- Canterbury Bulldogs
- Cronulla Sharks
- Manly Sea Eagles
- Melbourne Storm
- New Zealand Warriors
- Newcastle Knights
- Nth Qld Cowboys
- Parramatta Eels
- Penrith Panthers
- St George Illawarra Dragons
- South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Sydney Roosters
- Wests Tigers
- Bradford Bulls
- Castleford Tigers
- Huddersfield Giants
- Hull FC
- Leeds Rhinos
- Les Catalans Dragons
- London Broncos
- Salford City Reds
- St Helens RLFC
- Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
- Warrington Wolves
- Widnes Vikings
- Wigan Warriors
The list of international teams.
- Cook Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- South Africa
- United States
The list of international teams made up of several countries.
- Instant Action
Jump straight into a game with random teams, pausing only to decide which team you want to play
- Single Game
Set all the details (such as teams, weather, stadium - etc.) before jumping into a one-off friendly match
Take part in a full season of a popular competition or make up your own - includes multiplayer support, with the ability to play as 1 to all of the teams in the contest
- Franchise Mode
Ten years back-to-back, with off-field management, player trading and representative competition spicing up the action
Both friendly (no consequence) and ranked modes, allowing head-to-head multiplayer over the internet
Rugby League 2: World Cup Edition