Rugby League Live
|Rugby League Live|
PlayStation 3 cover art
|Developer(s)||Big Ant Studios|
|Publisher(s)||Tru Blu Entertainment|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
Rugby League Live is a sports game based on Rugby league. It was released in Australia on September 2, New Zealand on August 27, and United Kingdom and France on November 5, 2010 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The Microsoft Windows port of game was released in February 2011.
The title was developed by Australian company Big Ant Studios and published in Australia by Tru Blu Entertainment. Developers of the preceding title Sidhe Interactive stated on their online forum that they supported the new developers by providing commentary, stadium and motion capture data (which may or may not have been used) as well as QA testing  As with all preceding home console titles, former New Zealand Warrior captain Steve Price & St Helens RLFC Scrum-Half Kyle Eastmond feature on the covers, depending on which country the game is bought.
Key features of this installment include:
- Over 40 licensed teams from the NRL, Super League, State of Origin, City v Country, and World Cup.
- Four-player multiplayer and online head-to-head or co-op play
- Over 30 realistic Stadiums modelled from real-life counterparts
- "Bone crunching" tackles and impact camera replays.
- Clothing and environment degrade realistically
- Replay mode with multiple angles and commentary by NRL commentator Andrew Voss
- Custom player, team and competition creation.