Rugby union in Mongolia
Rugby union in Mongolia is a minor but growing sport. Mongolia is represented in international matches by the Mongolia national rugby union team, which compete in the annual Asian Five Nations tournament.
The governing body is the Mongolian Rugby Football Union (MRFU), which was established in 2003.
The first ever official match of Mongolia was played at 9 June 2009, for the Asian Five Nations, Division II, in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, with Kyrgyzstan, finishing with a respectable 21-38 loss. Mongolia takes part in the regional sections of the Asian Five Nations
There are currently 8 clubs in existence.
- IRB Mongolia page
- Rugby in Asia, Mongolia page
- Asian Rugby Football Union
- Mongolian Team To Play In 2008 Ice Breaker in Beijing
- Mongolian rugby sportsmen to take part in Beijing open
- (in French) Archives du Rugby: Mongolie
|This article related to sport in Mongolia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This rugby union article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|