Ruger Gunsite Scout
|Ruger Gunsite Scout|
Ruger Gunsite Scout chambered in .308 Win. The gun is the left-handed black 16.5" model with the Burris Scout Scope, Harris Bipod and Galco Safari Ching Sling.
|Place of origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Sturm, Ruger & Co.|
|Weight||7 lb (3,200 g) empty, w/ magazine|
|Length||39.5 in (100 cm)|
|Barrel length||16.5 in (42 cm)|
|Cartridge||.308 Winchester, 5.56×45mm NATO and .450 Bushmaster|
|Feed system||3, 4 (.450 Bushmaster), 5, or 10-round detachable box magazine|
|Sights||Adjustable ghost-ring rear Iron sights|
The Ruger Gunsite Scout is a bolt-action rifle introduced by Sturm, Ruger & Co. at the 2011 SHOT Show. It is a re-designed scout rifle based on their Model 77 action and developed with Gunsite Training Center.
To develop the Gunsite Scout, Ruger worked closely with Gunsite Academy in the development of the rifle, in order to meet the criteria of the modern scout rifle set forth by Jeff Cooper. The rifle features a matte black receiver, a 16.5-inch cold-hammer forged alloy steel barrel, a forward mounted picatinny rail, a 3, 5, or 10-round detachable AICS-style box magazine, a flash suppressor, an adjustable ghost-ring rear iron sight, a polymer trigger guard, and a black laminate wood stock with length-of-pull spacers.
- Matte Stainless: features an increased barrel length of 18 inches, weight of 7.10 pounds, and has an action and barrel made of stainless steel with a matte finish.
- Left-Handed Versions: both the standard 16.5-inch barrel blued and 18-inch barrel matte stainless models are available in left-handed configurations.
- "Export" Model: the Canadian and Australian version of the Ruger Gunsite Scout have a stainless steel barrel and action with an 18-inch barrel without the flash hider. It also lacks the "Gunsite Scout Rifle" name and logo found on the grip cap. As of 2013, the standard model Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle with the 16.5 inch barrel and flash hider and the Matte Stainless is now available for sale in Australia, Canada and other countries.
- ruger.com - Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle Available in .450 Bushmaster
- Ordorica, Ray. "Is Ruger's New Gunsite Scout Rifle a Pretender, or Contender?", Gun Tests, May 2011
- Top 10 Detachable Box Magazine Platforms
- Sheetz, Brian (April 18, 2011). "Ruger's Gunsite Scout Rifle". American Rifleman.