Rui Miguel Marinho Reis
|Full name||Rui Miguel Marinho Reis|
|Date of birth||30 January 1984|
|Place of birth||Ceira, Portugal|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2004–2005||→ Sporting Pombal (loan)||29||(5)|
|2006–2008||→ Tourizense (loan)||51||(15)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 May 2017.
Born in Ceira, Coimbra District, Rui Miguel joined Académica de Coimbra's youth ranks at the age of 10, but never really broke into the main squad. He served two loans in the lower leagues and only amassed three first-team appearances, the first coming on 15 April 2006 in the dying stages of the season, at Rio Ave FC: the Students won 4–1, and he scored as a starter.
In the 2008 summer, Rui Miguel moved abroad after signing with Bulgarian club PFC Lokomotiv Mezdra, netting three goals in the first half of the campaign. In January 2009, he changed teams again but stayed in the country, joining PFC CSKA Sofia alongside teammate and compatriot David Silva. He scored his first goals in his second match, netting twice against PFC Lokomotiv Plovdiv for a final 3–1 victory and adding another in his third appearance, against PFC Spartak Varna (2–0).
On 16 September 2010, Rui Miguel signed a one-year contract with Kilmarnock, again rejoining former CSKA teammate Silva. The following month, on the 23rd, he scored his first goal for the side, but in a 1–2 home loss to Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
On 17 June 2011, Rui Miguel returned to Académica which was still in the Primeira Liga, joining on a free transfer and contributing with two appearances as the club won the Taça de Portugal for the first time in 73 years. During the 2012 summer he spent time on trial at Oldham Athletic, and was offered a contract; talks eventually stalled over his agent's fee.
In the following four seasons, Rui Miguel competed mostly in the Segunda Liga, representing F.C. Penafiel and Moreirense FC. The exception to this was in 2014–15 when he appeared in eight scoreless matches for the former, who suffered top division relegation as last.
On 21 June 2016, aged 32, Rui Miguel rejoined Académica for a third stint.
- David Silva and Rui Miguel are joining the team; CSKA Sportal, January 2009
- Rui Miguel signs for Kilmarnock; STV News, 16 September 2010
- "Rui Miguel regressa e Ricardo renova" [Rui Miguel returns and Ricardo renews]. A Bola. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- "Latics retrain their sights". Oldham Evening Chronicle. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Rui Miguel e Traquina estão de regresso à Académica" [Rui Miguel and Traquina make return to Académica] (in Portuguese). Académica de Coimbra. 21 June 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2016.