27 June 1991|
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Occupation||Model & Actress in Indian Film Industry.|
|Notable work||Cockpit, Chaamp,Kabir|
Late Mr. Soumyendra Nath Maitra,|
Mrs. Madhumita Maitra
Rukmini Maitra (born 27 June 1991) is an Indian model and actress from Kolkata, who has worked as a model for various regional, national and international brands and magazines. After having established herself in the world of fashion, Rukmini made her silver screen debut in 2017.
Rukmini started her career as a model at the mere age of 13. Ever since there has been no looking back for her. She has modelled for various regional, national and international brands and magazines such as Reliance, Lakmé, Vodafone, Sunsilk, Parachute, Titan, Tata Tea, Rado, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Femina, Royal Stag, PC Chandra Jewellers, Bhima Jewellers, Azva, Senco Gold, Spencer's, ITC, Fiama Di Wills, Big Bazar Fb, Lux, Emami, and has also modelled for eminent fashion designers like Masaba Gupta, Anita Dongre, Suneet Varma, Dev r Nil, Anju Modi etc.
Even though she had been offered numerous regional and national films in the past, academics being her priority, she had never taken to doing films. It is now, that Rukmini Maitra is finally debuting in a Bengali film titled Champ opposite Bengali Superstar Dev, which is due to release in Eid 2017. The film is being directed by Raj Chakraborty. The film is based on boxing, a sphere which is being explored in Bengali cinema for the very first time.
|2017||Chaamp||Jaya||Bengali||Dev, Priyanka Sarkar|
|Cockpit||Kriti Sachdev||Bengali||Dev, Koel Mallick, Priyanka Sarkar|||
|Kabir||Yasmin Khatun||Bengali||Dev, Priyanka Sarkar|||
Awards and nominations
|2018||Jio Filmfare Awards East||Best Debut (Female) award||Chaamp,
|2018||The Times of India||voted as Calcutta Times Most Desirable Woman of 2017|||
- "Dev is my best friend: Rukmini Maitra". The Times of India. 6 June 2016.
- "Make a fashion statement with shoulder-duster earrings, Model Rukmini Maitra, who loves to sport these long beauties". The Times of India. 6 January 2016.
- "Model Rukmini Maitra wears the newest Rado watch collection during the 'Rado Unveils Jewelry Wedding Collection' at Rado Showroom in Kolkata". gettyimages.in. 13 November 2014.
- "Rukmini Maitra launches Rado watches' 'High Jewelry Wedding Collection'". gomolo.com.
- "rukmini maitra on ethnicdukaan_com". rediff.com.
- "A unique fashion theatre was held introducing the label Prayash by the designer wherein city model Rukmini Maitra, the showstopper, enacted Goddess Durga". newkerala.com. 9 September 2015.
- "Designer Santanu Guha Thakurta introduces his label 'Prayash' depicting the story of Mahabharata and Maa Durga in the presence of celebrated model Rukmini Maitra". indiablooms.com. 7 September 2015.
- "OMG: Dev ready to settle down with his girlfriend! Rukmini Maitra, a city-based model has, it seems, successfully established her rule over Tollywood's hunkiest heartthrob Dev". The Times of India. 10 September 2014.
- "'I can't deny that Rukmini is my pillar of strength: Dev". The Times of India. 7 November 2016.
- "Finally, Dev gears up to launch girlfriend 'Rukmini Maitra' in a special project to be directed by another friend — filmmaker Raj Chakrabarty". The Times of India. 30 September 2016.
- "An interview with Rukmini Maitra". Anandabazar Patrika. 30 September 2016.
- "Rukmini will be making her acting debut in his upcoming production to be directed by Raj Chakraborty". hindustantimes.com. 4 October 2016.
- "Spot the champ-Dev and Rukmini hit it out of the ring with chaamp". telegraphindia.com. 25 November 2016.
- "CHECK MATE! - Dev-Rukmini get chatty with t2". telegraphindia.com. 11 November 2016.
- Shreyanka Mazumdar (14 June 2017). "Cockpit takes off on a 'remake' poster!". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Ganguly, Ruman (1 January 2018). "Tolly films to look out for this year". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Kabir". The Times of India. 13 April 2018. Retrieved 7 May 2018.
- Ruman Ganguly (28 February 2018). "Calcutta Times Most Desirable Woman 2017: Rukmini Maitra". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- "All winners of the Jio Filmfare Awards (East) 2018". Filmfare. 17 February 2018. Retrieved 9 May 2018.