From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up rule or ruling in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rule and ruling usually refers to standards for activities. They may refer to:
- Business rule, a rule pertaining to the structure or behavior internal to a business
- School rule, rules part of school discipline
- Sport rule, rule that defines how a sport is played
- Game rule, rule that defines how a game is played
- Moral, a rule or element of a moral code for guiding choices in human behavior
- Monasticism, or Monastic Rule, the document giving the way of life to be led by the members of the varying Religious Orders in the Catholic Church and other Christian groups which follow a monastic way of life
- Norm (philosophy), a kind of sentence or a reason to act, feel or believe
- Rule of thumb, a principle with broad application that is not intended to be strictly accurate or reliable for every situation
- Unspoken rule, an assumed rule of human behavior that is not voiced or written down
- Norm (social), a term in sociology describing explicit or implicit rules used within society or by a group (i.e. social norms)
- Rule of inference or transformation rule, a term in logic for a function which takes premises and returns a conclusion
- Phrase structure rule or rewrite rule, used in some theories of linguistics
- "Rule X" elementary cellular automaton, where X is a number between 0-255 characterizing a specific model (e.g. Rule 110)
- Ruler, or "rule"; a distance measuring device
- Phonological rule
Law and government
- Law, which may informally be called a "rule"
- Rule of law, government based not on arbitrary decisions of officials but on laws
- Procedural law, a ruleset governing the application of laws to cases
- Court order, a decision by a court
- Military rule, governance by a military body
- Monastic rule, a collection of precepts that guides the life of monks or nuns in a religious order
- In rulemaking by the federal government of the United States, a regulation mandated by Congress, but written or expanded upon by the executive branch
- Rulers.org, a website containing lists of heads of state and government
- Advance tax ruling, a tool for conforming taxation arrangements
- Ja Rule (born 1976), hip hop artist
- "Rule" (song), a 2001 song by rapper Nas
- Rule, an album by Japanese rock singer Anna Tsuchiya
- "Rule/Sparkle", a 2009 song by Ayumi Hamasaki
- Rules (album), a 2009 album by the band The Whitest Boy Alive
- "Rules" (song), a 1996 KMFDM song
- "Rules" (Shakira song), a 2001 Shakira song on her album Laundry Service
- Rules: Pyaar Ka Superhit Formula, a 2003 Bollywood film
- Rule (horse) (born 2007), American racehorse
- Rule, Arkansas
- Rule, Texas, a town in Texas, United States
- Rules (restaurant), London's oldest restaurant
- Royal University of Law and Economics, Cambodia
- All pages beginning with "Rule of"
- All pages beginning with "Rules of"
- All pages beginning with "Rules for"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rule.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.