This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Discipline||Artificial intelligence Logic in computer science Semantic Web|
|Frequency||annual (since 2002)|
The annual International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML) is an international academic conferences on research, applications, languages and standards for rule technologies. It is a conference in the field of rule-based programming and rule-based systems including production rules systems, logic programming rule engines, and business rules engines/business rules management systems; Semantic Web rule languages and rule standards (e.g., RuleML, LegalRuleML, Reaction RuleML, SWRL, RIF, Common Logic, PRR, Decision Model and Notation (DMN), SBVR); rule-based event processing languages (EPLs) and technologies; and research on inference rules, constraint handling rules, transformation rules, decision rules, production rules, and ECA rules. RuleML is the leading conference to build bridges between academia and industry in the field of Web rules and its applications, especially as part of the semantic technology stack. RuleML is commonly listed together with other Artificial Intelligence conferences worldwide.
The conference series has been held without interruption since 2002. The RuleML Symposium has evolved from an annual series of first international workshops since 2002, international conferences in 2005 and 2006, to the premier International Symposium for the Web rules community since 2007.
International Rule Challenge
The International Rule Challenge has been held since 2007 at the RuleML Symposium. It calls for submissions of benchmarks/evaluations, demos, case studies / use cases, experience reports, best practice solutions (e.g. design patterns, reference architectures, models), rule-based implementations/ tools/ applications, demonstrations engineering methods, implementations of rule standards and industrial problem statements. It also hosts a rule base competition.
RuleML Doctoral Consortium
Since 2011 the RuleML symposium organizes a Doctoral Consortium for PhD students.
List of RuleML Editions
- RuleML-2016: Tenth International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2015: Ninth International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2014: Eighth International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2013: Seventh International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2012: Sixth International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2011: Fifth International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2010: Fourth International Web Rule Symposium
- Special Semantic Rules track at SemTech 2010
- RuleML-2009: Third International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2008: Second International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2007: First International Web Rule Symposium
- RuleML-2006: Second International Conference on Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web
- Special Workshop on Reaction Rules
- RuleML-2005: First International Conference on Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web
- RuleML-2004: Third International Workshop on Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web
- RuleML-2003: Second International Workshop on Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web
- RuleML-2002: First International Workshop on Rule Markup Languages for Business Rules on the Semantic Web
- A Report on the Ninth International Web Rule Symposium. AI Magazine 37(1): 105-106 (2016).
- See, e.g., In Microsoft Academic Ranking of the top conference in Artificial Intelligence it is on position 114 with a field rank of 15.
- See, e.g., RuleML is in the top 100 venues for impact factor on CiteSeerX (place 71).
- See, e.g., >9100 results in Google Scholar for RuleML.
- See, e.g., figure 3 in Michael Kuhn and Roger Wattenhofer. The layered world of scientific conferences. In Progress in WWW Research and Development, figure 3, 2008. which shows the relations of RuleML to areas such as Semantic Web, Agents, AI, KR and AI conferences such AAAI.
- See, e.g., Core conference ranking.
|This article about a computer conference is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|