Rules Committee (Georgia Senate)
The Senate Rules Committee is a 16 member legislative body consisting of a chairman, a vice-chairman, a secretary, six ex-officios, and seven members. The Committee operates under a Senate mandate to regulate "the orderly procedure and placement of bills on the legislative calendar".
Scope and jurisdiction
The Senate Rules Committee is responsible for establishing the rules that ensure orderly procedures for the amicable placement of senate bills onto the legislative calendar.
- Jeff Mullis, chairman
- Ross Tolleson, vice chairman
- Bill Jackson, secretary
- Ronnie Chance, ex officio
- Steve Gooch, ex officio
- Judson Hill, ex officio
- Butch Miller, ex officio
- David Shafer, ex officio
- Cecil Staton, ex officio
- Gloria S. Butler, member
- Steve Henson, member
- Jack Hill, member
- Fran Millar, member
- Jack Murphy, member
- Horacena Tate, member
- Renee S. Unterman, member
The three subcommittees under the Senate Rules Committee are:
- Senate Rules Audit Subcommittee
- Senate Rules Ethics Subcommittee
- Senate Rules General Subcommittee
- Senate Rules. senate.ga.gov. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- Legis.ga.gov. Welcome to the Georgia General Assembly. Home page. Retrieved June 10, 2013.
|This article about a legislative committee of the U.S. state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|