|Directed by||Sai Bharath|
|Produced by||T. Vijayaraghavendra|
|Music by||Anirudh Ravichander|
|Edited by||Sathyaraj Natarajan|
All In Pictures
Rum (English: Verdict) is a 2017 Indian Tamil language horror heist thriller film written and directed by Sai Bharath. Featuring Hrishikesh, Narain, Sanchita Shetty and Miya in the lead roles, the film's score and soundtrack is composed by Anirudh Ravichander. The film began production during early 2016 and was released on 17 February 2017.
Film starts with Shiva and his gang visits a bungalow . They experience spooky incidents in the haunted bungalow.
- Hrishikesh as Shiva
- Narain as Thomas
- Sanchita Shetty as Riya
- Miya as Thulasi
- Vivek as Raj
- Amzath Khan as Suresh (a) Nepali
- Arjun Chidambaram as Kural
- Andreanne Nouyrigat as a Russian lady
The film began pre-production works during October 2015, with composer Anirudh Ravichander revealing that he would work on a film titled Rum directed by Sai Bharath and starring his cousin, Hrishikesh, in the lead role. The project was announced to be funded by All in Pictures, while the director stated that it would be a "horror-heist film". After completing a course in filmmaking in Canada, Sai Bharath had finished the script three years prior to the beginning of the shoot. He had approached Hrishikesh, who was looking to appear in his first lead role, after playing a supporting role in Velaiilla Pattadhari (2014). In February 2016, the film's first look poster was unveiled, with Sanchita Shetty and Miya revealed as the film's lead actresses. Narain, Vivek and Amzath Khan were also announced to be playing supporting roles in the film. The title Rum was revealed by the makers to be an ancient Tamil word meaning "verdict", rather than the alcohol as widely presumed. The shoot of the film began in February 2016 in Chennai and was finished by June 2016. During May 2016, the team shot for a fast-paced gaana song titled "Peiyo Phobilia" in a dense forest in Padappai and set up a campsite on location. The final schedule for the film began on 1 June 2016 and carried on for fifteen days until completion.
|Soundtrack album by Anirudh Ravichander|
|Released||2 November 2016|
|Anirudh Ravichander chronology|
|Singles from Rum|
The film's music was composed by Anirudh Ravichander, while the audio rights of the film was acquired by Sony Music. The album released on 2 November 2016 at an event held at Park Hyatt, Chennai with the lead cast and crew in attendance. Prior to the release of the album, a single track titled "Hola Amigo" was released in April 2016. Anirudh collaborated with Malaysian rapper Balan Kashmir for the song which carried the theme of intolerance, and the song subsequently went viral on social media after it was promoted by American DJ Diplo. A second single, "Peiyophobilia", was also released in September 2016 and featured vocals by actor Silambarasan, who collaborated on a film soundtrack with Anirudh for the first time. Behindwoods.com stated "Rum is an EDM intoxicant from Anirudh, which is addictive".
|1.||"Hola Amigo"||Madhan Karky, Balan Kashmir||Anirudh Ravichander, Balan Kashmir||4:19|
|2.||"Peiyophobilia"||Vivek||Silambarasan, Anirudh Ravichander||3:17|
|3.||"Kadavulae Vidai"||Vivek||Sean Roldan & Additional Vocals By Pragathi Guruprasad||4:02|
|4.||"Kadavulae Vidai (Reprise)"||Vivek||Anirudh Ravichander||3:22|
|5.||"Pori Pathi Vizhum"||Vivek, Divine||Diwakar, Divine||3:06|
|6.||"Hola Senorita"||Madhan Karky||Anirudh Ravichander||3:31|
|7.||"Alladhe Siragiye"||Vivek||Sid Sriram||3:42|
Originally produced by Vijay Raghavendra, the film’s Tamil Nadu theatrical rights were sold to Shri Sai Circuit 6000, with the makers releasing the film in 150 screens across Tamil Nadu. Upon release, the film received a positive review from The New Indian Express, with the critic stating "in the first half, both horror and humour have worked out well", "in the second half that the plot loses steam" but "it peps up again towards the end". In contrast, Baradwaj Rangan of The Hindu wrote "Rum feels incoherent, and you wonder if it’s because the director was trying to be avant-garde, or whether he just ran out of film", stating that "the film has no spirit". A reviewer from Sify.com stated "Rum is an average horror comedy" and that the "major problem with Rum is that technically the film is amateurish and delivers very little in terms of novelty". The reviewer added the film "has more laugh-out-loud moments than jump-in-your-seat jolts" and that "it is just dull, lazy film making from debutant director Sai Bharath". Behindwoods.com states it was "a horror comedy that has nothing new to offer", concluding that "the film lacks clarity and moves cluelessly in its initial moments". The film will also be released in Telugu as Manthri Gari Bangla in 2017.
- "Rum Teaser: Tamil Movie Rum Official Trailer | Galaxy Reporter | Latest Breaking News". Galaxy Reporter. 2016-11-17. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "It's Anirudh for Rum — Times of India". Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "'RUM' on floors". Fulloncinema.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "VIP fame Hrishikesh to act in the movie Rum". 2 November 2015. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Hrishikesh in high spirits". The Hindu. 2017-02-16. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "I'm open to any fresh script: Hrishikesh". 10 February 2016. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Updates on RUM, Darling 2 and Yaman". 9 February 2016. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Hrishikesh, who debuted in VIP, turns hero with Rum". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Ready for Rum? - Chennai". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "'Hrishikesh, Sanchita Shetty, and Miya George team up for a horror film'". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Rum shooting wrapped up". Magzter.com. 2016-06-29. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Campfire, gana and thrill". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Actor Amzath talks about Vivek and his film Rum". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "A heist-horror film in the offing!". Deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Hrishikesh Sanchitha Shetty Vivekh Anirudh RUM Audio launch event details - Tamil Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2016-11-03. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Now, Anirudh's Hola Amigo rocks the internet". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Anirudh wanted intolerance to be the theme of Hola Amigo!". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "simbu: Simbu records his first 'official' song for Anirudh". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Simbu sings Peiyophobilia song for Anirudh's Rum album". Behindwoods.com. 2016-09-08. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Rum (aka) Ram songs review". Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "RUM-The heist horror thriller on February 17". Sify.com. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Rum, an intoxicating watch?". The New Indian Express. 2017-02-18. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Rum: Unspookable acts". The Hindu. 2017-02-17. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Review : Rum review - Low in chills & thrills!". Sify.com. 2017-02-17. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Rum (aka) Ram review". M.behindwoods.com. 2017-02-17. Retrieved 2017-03-27.
- "Manthri Gari Bangla Movie Stills". TollywoodTimes. Retrieved 2017-03-27.