Rumi Utsugi during PSG-Montpellier (season 2012-2013)
|Full name||Rumi Utsugi|
|Date of birth||5 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Kanagawa, Japan|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|Seattle Reign FC|
|2016–||Seattle Reign FC||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:49, 6 July 2015 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 09:43, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
Rumi Utsugi (宇津木 瑠美 Utsugi Rumi?, born 5 December 1988) is a Japanese football player and 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup champion who currently plays for American club Seattle Reign FC and Japan's national football team. She previously played for French club Montpellier of the Division 1 Féminine and NTV Beleza in Japan. A left-footed defensive midfielder, Utsugi has represented Japan at the 2007, 2011, and 2015 editions of the FIFA Women's World Cup, as well as two AFC Women's Asian Cup competitions. She was named in the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2015 All-Star squad.
Utsugi began her professional career at NTV Beleza in 2004. During her time at the club, she won four L. League titles and five All Japan Women's Football Championships. In August 2010, after six years at Beleza, Utsugi departed her home country to sign for French club Montpellier of the Division 1 Féminine. After joining the club, she became the first Japanese player to play in the league.
- As of 20 July 2013
- Champion: 2005
- NTV Beleza
- Champions: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Champions: 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009
- Champions: 2007, 2010
- "Canada 2015 Technical Report published, All-Star Squad announced". FIFA.com. 17 August 2015. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Rumi Utsugi signe à Montpellier". Nippon Ganbare. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Rumi Utsugi: une footballeuse japonaise à Montpellier". Suite101. 15 February 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.