This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rumphi District extends from Lake Malawi in the east to the Zambian border in the west. The northern end of the Mzimba Plain extends into the eastern portion of the district. Most of the district is drained by the South Rukuru River and its tributaries. The Viphya Mountains extend into the southeastern portion of the district, and much of central portion of the district lies on the Nyika Plateau.
Government and administrative divisions
There are three National Assembly constituencies in Rumphi:
- Rumphi - East
- Rumphi - North
- Rumphi - West
Rumphi has produced some notable residents like:
- Edgar Chibaka, founder and Managing Editor of http://www.nyasatimes.com one of Malawi's top online and print newspaper.
- Chakufwa Chihana 'the father of Malawian Democracy', founder of AFORD
- Dindi Gowa Nyasulu, Malawian engineer and former President of AFORD
- Kamlepo Kalua, president of an opposition party
- Dennis Nkhwazi, a former member of the cabinet
- Mwiza Munthali, talk show host and activist
- Kenneth Thindwa, pharmacist, entrepreneur and politician
- Moses Chirambo, ophthalmologist, entrepreneur, and politician
- Robert Ng'ambi, soccer player.
- Gabadhinyo Mhango, soccer player
|This Malawi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|