This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
From left to right: JoJo, Rev Run, Russy, Justine, Vanessa, Angela and Diggy (at the bottom) with Miley.
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Run's House"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||59|
|Running time||20 to 23 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||October 13, 2005– July 13, 2009|
|Related shows||Daddy's Girls|
Run's House is an American reality television series that debuted on October 13, 2005. The series chronicles the family life of former Run–D.M.C. rapper and hip-hop music pioneer Joseph Simmons, also known as Rev Run. Its theme song and show name are from the Run-D.M.C. album Tougher Than Leather. It was filmed in the Simmons family home in Saddle River, New Jersey; the Simmons offices in Manhattan, New York; and the apartment shared by Joseph's daughters, Vanessa and Angela, in Los Angeles, California.
Joseph Simmons, Sr.
Joseph Ward Simmons (born Hollis, Queens) is one of the founding members of hip-hop group Run–D.M.C. He is known as DJ Run, Joey Simmons or Rev Run, which is a play on his religious title. He is the youngest brother of artist Daniel Simmons, Jr. and Def Jam Records co-founder Russell Simmons. He entered the hip hop scene as a DJ for Kurtis Blow. He assumed the alias "Son of Kurtis Blow", but later changed it to "Run".November 14, 1964 in
He became a reverend at Zoe Ministries, a controversial church that solicits monetary pledges for spiritual enlightenment. After that he changed his name to "Rev Run".  they later reconnected. She is the mother of Diggy, Russy, Victoria Anne (Born September 26, 2006 - Died September 26, 2006) and Miley.
Justine is the wife of Joseph Simmons and mother of their four children, as well as stepmother to Joseph Simmons' three children from previous marriage to Vaughn. She sells a jewelry line called "Brown Sugar" that was featured on HSN in 2007.
Vanessa is an aspiring actress. She and her sister, Angela Simmons, are designers for the shoe brand Pastry. In 2008 she secretly entered the Miss California USA pageant. She is in Boogie Town and the ensemble film Dysfunctional Friends. She also starred in the 2014 web series, Mixed. On February 13, 2014 Vanessa and boyfriend Michael Wayans, son of actor Damon Wayans welcomed a baby girl, Ava Marie Jean.
Angela was the editor for Angela's Rundown, a monthly mini magazine targeted for youths of ages 14–19 which covers teen topics, style, music, and fashion that was distributed within Word Up! (magazine). The magazine also features fashion tips and in-depth celebrity "ugly duckling" interviews. Both magazines ceased publication in April 2012. She attended Fashion Institute of Technology for one year before dropping out to be a businesswoman. While dating rapper Bow Wow, she was featured in the music video for his single, Shortie Like Mine. On March 23, 2007, she launched Pastry Footwear with her older sister Vanessa, under their family's line of footwear named Run Athletics. The first product line released is the "Cake Collection", inspired by their favorite pastries. With sister Vanessa, she designs and runs the shoe brand. In late 2015, Angela made her solo designer debut with her own faux fur line called Foofi and Bella. As of 2016 she stars in the reality television program Growing Up Hip Hop, which she executive produces and stars in with Romeo Miller. Other cast members include: TJ Mizell, Kristinia DeBarge, Boogie Dash and Egypt Criss. In September 2016 she gave birth to a baby boy and is engaged to Sutton Joseph Tennyson.
Joseph "JoJo" Ward Simmons, Jr.
Jojo is the third oldest of the six children. He and wife Tanice Amira have a daughter, Mia, born February 20, 2016.
Daniel Dwayne "Diggy" Simmons III
citation needed] Diggy released his first,[clarification needed] The First Flight at midnight on December 2, 2009. His second mixtape, Airborne was released on September 10, 2010. Diggy was signed to Atlantic Records on March 21, 2010 (on his fifteenth birthday). As of January 2011[update], he had appeared on singles by teen R&B singers Jacob Latimore and Dionne Bromfield, and rapped on Mindless Behavior's single "Mrs. Right". In 2012, Diggy released his first studio album entitled, Unexpected Arrival under Atlantic Records.[
Russell "Russy" Simmons II
citation needed] Russy stars with his parents and younger sister, Miley on the shows Rev Runs Around the World, which airs on the Travel Channel, and Rev Run's Sunday Suppers on the Cooking Channel.[
Victoria Anne Simmons
Victoria (born and died September 26, 2006) was four pounds, five ounces when she was delivered via caesarean section. She died shortly after being born reportedly due to omphalocele, a birth defect that caused her organs to grow outside her body. The Simmons family decided to allow camera crews to be in the hospital room as they broke the news to their children. They wanted to show viewers how, as a family, they dealt with the tragedy. Afterward, they went to a hearing to adopt Miley Justine Simmons.
Miley Justine Simmons
Miley was adopted. Shortly after the death of Victoria Anne Simmons, the family started adoption proceedings which were completed in September 2007. A month later, they were introduced to their daughter.
- Frederic, Stephanie (November 15, 2007). "Keyshia". Los Angeles Sentinel.
Executives from BET and Interscope Records approached DuBose Entertainment a few years ago to produce the show. After working with P. Diddy and Bad Boy Entertainment overseeing “Run’s House" ...
- McFarland, Melanie (October 12, 2005). "Without wack jobs, 'Run's House' may not fly". Seattle Pi. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- Holahan, Catherine (October 10, 2005). "Browse > Home / NJ Info / NJ in the News / Rappers Move to Bergen County Rappers Move to Bergen County". The Bergen Record. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- Bishop Bernard Jordan, False Prophet Forgotten Word Ministries. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- Bishop E. Bernard Jordan And The New Psychic Friends Network. Archived 2012-01-05 at the Wayback Machine. New York Bureau, Preachers Investigation Bureau. Posted January 14, 2011. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- E. Bernard Jordan, Master False Prophet. Apprising Ministries. Posted June 25, 2010. Retrieved December 26, 2011.
- About Pastry Shoes Archived 2012-02-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/?p=11798 Vanessa Simmons Secretly Enters Miss California Pageant[dead link]
- "Vanessa Simmons Stars in New Comedy Web Series Titled 'Mixed!'". Black America Web. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Vanessa Simmons Gives Birth to Daughter Ava Marie Jean".
- Caramanica, Jon (2016-01-06). "Review: 'Growing Up Hip Hop' Shares the Perks and Perils of Progeny". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- Simmons, Diggy. "Official Myspace of Diggy Simmons". Myspace Music. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- The Next Big Thing? - Jacob Latimore This Must Be Pop, 1 26 11 Archived 2011-02-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Rev. Run & Fam Take Us Around The Globe In New Travel Show". Vibe. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Rev Run and his wife Justine to star in 'Sunday Suppers'". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2016-01-24.