Run Away (SunStroke Project and Olia Tira song)
|Single by SunStroke Project and Olia Tira|
|Format||Digital single, CD single|
|SunStroke Project singles chronology|
"Run Away" is a song performed by SunStroke Project and Olia Tira, and represented Moldova at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in May 2010 in Oslo, Norway. The song won the final of the O melodie pentru Europa 2010, that took place on 6 March. It gained the maximum number of points from both the juries and the televotes.
In the contest, it was performed first on the night of the first semi-final, preceding Russia's Lost and Forgotten and passed to the final. The inspiration for the "Epic Jazz Jive" came from observing ducks, waddling through sand, on the beach.
After the contest, "Run Away" would also become the subject of a major internet meme surrounding the saxophone solos performed by saxophonist Sergey Stepanov who, in a phenomenon similar to Rickrolling and Trololo, was dubbed the "Epic Sax Guy" in videos on YouTube. The rules of the contest prohibited musical instruments being played on stage, meaning Stepanov was not actually playing the saxophone at all, but rather synchronising movements with a prerecorded track.
- Brey, Marco (6 March 2010). "Sun Stroke Project & Olia Tira for Moldova!". European Broadcasting Union. Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- Klier, Marcus (6 March 2010). "Moldova sends Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira to Eurovision". ESCToday. Archived from the original on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "Epic Sax Guy (The One)". URLesque. Aol. Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 8 May 2010 a.C.. Check date values in:
- Brown, Damon (2 August 2010). "Is this guy the Web's new rickroll?". CNN. Archived from the original on 2010-08-14. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – SunStroke Project & Olia Tira – Run Away". VG-lista.
- "Swedishcharts.com – SunStroke Project & Olia Tira – Run Away". Singles Top 100.
|This article related to the Republic of Moldova is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|