Run Boy Run (song)
|"Run Boy Run"|
|Single by Woodkid|
|from the album The Golden Age|
|Released||21 May 2012|
|Woodkid singles chronology|
"Run Boy Run" is a song by Yoann Lemoine, under his stage name Woodkid. It was released as the second single from his debut studio album, The Golden Age (2012). It was written by Lemoine and Ambroise Willaume from the French band Revolver. The single was released on 21 May 2012, becoming his highest-charting single.
The music video for Woodkid track "Run Boy Run" was nominated for Best Short Form Music Video at the 2013 Grammy Awards. It shows a young boy running, surrounded by various beasts that pick him up when he falls, hand him a sword and put a horned helmet on his head. The video was directed by Lemoine himself.
In popular culture
- "Run Boy Run" was used in several O2 adverts (those voiced by Sean Bean) and in a Vodafone advert. It was used in the trailer for Now You See Me.
- Part of the song was played during the MTV Movie Awards 2013. When Liam Hemsworth was announcing for the teaser trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- It was used in the debut trailer for Techland's game Dying Light.
- It was used in the trailer for 42.
- It was used in advertisements for Assassin's Creed III.
- It was used in the trailer for the BBC One series The Musketeers.
- It was used in the trailer for the final series of the BBC Three series Being Human.
- It was used in ads for the Power Horse energy drink in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Also used during several episodes of ITV's X Factor boot camp stages of the competition and RTL's Deutschland sucht den Superstar.
- Played in an episode of MTV's Teen Wolf (2x11 Battlefield, during the lacrosse game).
- Played in an episode of the CW's Reign (1x04 Hearts and Minds).
- Played in an episode of the CW's Cult (1x02 In the Blood).
- The final minute of the song serves as music background for Discovery Channel Iberia promo campaign "My Territory is Discovery" (2014).
- The song was used during the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2014 feature with highlights from the 2014 Football World Cup.
- It appears on the soundtrack of the 2014 film Divergent.
- Acrobatic team AcroArmy performed their top 12 routine to it on America's Got Talent.
- On 13 July 2014 BBC Sport prominently featured the song in their final montage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- On 2 September 2014 is used by Sky Italia for the promo of the auditions of X-Factor Italy.
- The instrumental served as the soundtrack for the promotional video of the GoPro Hero 4.
- It was used in trailer for McFarland, USA.
- The song was used for a Paso Doble dance by Bethany Mota and Derek Hough on the show Dancing with the Stars.
- The song is used by Sky Sports in the opening of FL72, which covers Football League matches.
- The song is also used in multiple adverts for Cancer Research UK.
- It features in the 2015 trailer for SBS.
- The song later is used as a theme song for the film The Maze Runner.
- Part of the song is used in the BBC America trailer for series 9 of Doctor Who.
- It was used in Sherpas Cinema film Into the Mind.
- It is in the soundtrack of the last episode of the series The Shannara Chronicles (S01e10).
- It was used in certain Cancer Research UK adverts throughout 2014–15.
- Dance troupe Khronos Agoria used the song for their semi-final performance on Britain's Got Talent in May 2016.
- On 10 July 2016 TV4 (Sweden) used the song in its final montage of UEFA Euro 2016.
- It was used in many different gymnastics routines from 2016 Summer Olympics, mostly without vocals.
- It was used at the end of the documentary Playing Straight on the Irish television network RTÉ.
- It was used during a section reflecting on Team GB's success at the 2016 Summer Olympics and Paralympics during the 2016-17 New Year firework display in London with Clare Balding narrating over the song.
- It was used during The Wind Games 2017 by contestant whose performance won the Gold in Solo Freestyle.
- It is used by La Une (Belgium) in the closing credits of 7 à la Une.
- It was used in the series finale of the third season of How to Get Away with Murder. 
- It was used in Episode 5 of the first season of Gatebil on TV2 Zebra in Norway.
- It was used in Episode 2 of The Netflix show 13 Reasons Why 
- It was used in episode 10 of the first season of Skam
- Angara Contortion group used the song for their audition on Britain's Got Talent in May 2017.
Run Boy Run – Remixes (EP)
The Run Boy Run – Remixes (EP) was also released in 2012 charting in its own right. It contains the original single as well as three other remixes.
- "Run Boy Run" (album version) – (3:33)
- "Run Boy Run" (Sebastian remix) – (3:52)
- "Run Boy Run" (Tepr remix) – (5:52)
- "Run Boy Run" (Ostend remix) – (4:15)
|Ultratip 40 Belgian Singles Chart (Wallonia)||43|
|SNEP French Singles Chart||52|
|UK Singles Chart||44|
|Austrian Singles Chart||39|
|German Singles Chart||11|
|Hungary (Single Top 40)||10|
Run Boy Run – Remixes (EP) position
|SNEP French Albums Chart||31|
|Germany (Media Control AG)||85|
- "Woodkid Run Boy Run". http://theinspirationroom.com. Retrieved 28 January 2013. External link in
- "Woodkid - Run Boy Run (Official HD Video)". Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "O2 Priority Sports - powered by Nike+". Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "Mehr Power für Dich. Vodafone Werbung 2013 Ungekürzt". Retrieved 12 September 2013.
- Duong, Christine (26 December 2013). "Trailer: "The Musketeers" Comes to BBC One on Jan. 2014". popinsomniacs.com. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Video on YouTube
- "POWER HORSE TVC MENA". YouTube. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- Wind Games 2017, Solo Freestyle Results https://www.windoor-realfly.com/en/windgames/2017/results#section_solo-freestyle
- Straits Times, 6 Feb 2017 http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/grandpa-inspires-indoor-skydiver
- Channel News Asia, 6 Feb 2017 http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporean-kyra-poh-bags-another-2-indoor-skydiving-gold-medals/3495356.html
- Ultratop 40: Woodkid - "Iron" page (Belgium, Wallonia charts)
- LesCharts.com Woodkid - "Run Boy Run" page
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Single (track) Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- LesCharts.com Woodkid - "Run Boy Run" EP / album page (France)
- "Top 100 Singles Jahrescharts 2013" (in German). VIVA. Viacom International Media Networks. Retrieved 12 January 2014.